Novation Introduces Circuit Components
Great news for Novation Circuit users! And if you don't have one yet, then here's another reason to get into this truly innovative synth / groove box...
Yes, you guessed - the fun with Circuit is just about to start!
Here's what you'll find in component:
EDITOR: Design complex patches from the comfort of your computer, then unplug for the ultimate standalone workflow.
- Full, Unadulterated Access to Circuit’s Nova Heritage. Access every synth parameter of Circuit’s two powerful polysynths. With a little help from us, our close friends at Isotonik Studios have created a comprehensive synth editor, putting everything in your control.
- Mix Up Your Macros. Along with access to all synth parameters on the fly, you can customise Circuit’s eight macro control knobs patch by patch.
- Editing For Everyone. You’ve possibly seen this in public beta as a Max4Live plugin, but now you don’t need Live Suite and you don’t need a Mac. Tweaked, refined, and souped-up just a little bit, Circuit Editor’s official public release now runs standalone too, on PC or Mac.
- Share Your Patches. Not content with keeping your sound design and synthesis skills to yourself? Circuit Editor allows you to save your patches to your computer. Lock them away in secret folder or share them with friends (or just with the Circuit User Group on Facebook ) – it’s up to you. Make sure the people you’re sharing with have the editor too, though. It’s free.
SAMPLE IMPORT: Simply drag and drop samples onto Circuit and create your own pallet of sounds to sculpt, shape, sequence and perform.
- Your Samples on Circuit: You have 60 seconds of space (you’re welcome) across 64 slots; use it for drums, clicks, one-shots, stabs, pops or bangs.
- Anything Goes: Any MP3 or WAV; Sample Import will automatically convert your collection to be Circuit friendly upon upload.
- Create Sample Packs and Share: Sample Import exports too. Create your collections and save all 64 sounds as a single file. Keep as a backup or share with your friends, it’s all yours
LIBRARIAN: Back up your Circuit to the cloud for the ultimate peace of mind and recall sessions in seconds from anywhere.Backing Up Circuit is Easy. Novation decided to make The Librarian available as early as we could, so of course there’s more to come. For now, you can back up all your Sessions in the Librarian one go and then use the Editor to backup your custom synth patches separately.Firstly please make sure you are using Google Chrome!
- Go to the Components site and log in with Facebook or Google in two clicks.
- Open up 'Librarian'.
- Press ‘Backup Circuit’, and 32 of your sessions will be saved.
FIRMWARE: To use these Circuit Components, you’ll need the latest firmware: Circuit v1.2 unlocks compatibility, along with the usual bug fixes, new features; some user requests, and a few of our own ideas.
- Play with Other Controllers: Record MIDI notes from external instruments plugged into Circuit: either chromatically, or tuned depending on your choice of key and scale. Manipulate Circuit’s macro controls from an external MIDI controller and record as automation. You can even use your iPad.
- Play with Ableton: Automatically sync Circuit up with Live and easily record MIDI from your session – in tempo, in time, in key – with just a few clicks. You can even record your MIDI tracks from Ableton in one key and change it later in two button presses onboard Circuit.
- Momentary Record: Hold record, punch in and overdub notes or macros without losing your flow - or accidentally breaking your existing work.
- Step Edit: Even easier step-by-step automation: have a different pitch on your drums for each hit. Add FX to one note in a sequence. With the potential for a different sound on every step for every track, you don’t need to do the maths to know that adds up to unimaginable potential – for deliberate creativity or happy accidents.
- External Preset Select: Remotely switch the sound of either of Circuit’s two synths on the fly using MIDI program change messages. Remotely switch the sound of any of Circuit’s four drums on the fly using MIDI CC messages. From any MIDI source.
Make new electronic music quickly and easily with a standalone groove box that combines Nova-heritage synths with expertly sculpted drums. Or your samples. The new Circuit Compenents tool makes your Circuit even better! This is a superb value groovebox and digital synth to create electronic music on the go.
Circuit is designed to inspire. Two Novation polysynths and…
Availability:Call 0844 815 0888