Musikmesse 2016: Moog Announces MoroderMother Synth
Giorgio Moroder is widely revered as one of the most influential names in synthesizer music, as our previous Giorgio Moroder Gear Guide shows. After last year's Novation Morodernova, now it's Moog's turn to release its own signature synth - the MoroderMother.
Like his previous collaboration with Novation, the instrument of choice wasn't a top-of-the-range synthesizer, but one of the brand's most affordable models - the popular Moog Mother-32. But even though it was the starting point, the new MoroderMother offers a bit more than the standard one, including a 120-page guide to Moroder tones, biography, rare photographs and exclusive interview.
Announced ahead of Musikmesse 2016, the MoroderMother features a voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations, improved Moog low pass and high pass Ladder Filter, 2 voltage controlled mixers, a classic Moog oscillator with dual outputs, wide-range LFO with audio-rate modulation capability, MIDI input and MIDI to CV conversion, white noise, a modular patchbay with 32 patch-points for extended synthesis complexity and an assignable CV jack with 16 assignable sources.
- Semi-Modular design requires no patching for swift, inspired music creation
- Voltage Controlled 64 Step Sequencer with 64 Sequence Locations
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz–20kHz) with voltage controlled resonance
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs
- 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter
- 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables)
- 2 Voltage controlled mixers
- Superb companion to Werkstatt 01, Minitaur and other synthesizers
- Main module can be easily transferred into a Eurorack skiff or case
- Mount 2 or 3 units vertically with optional 2 and 3 Tier kits
- Complete solution for new Eurorack users – no other items required
- Exclusive Moroder signed certificate, and 120-page guide with classic settings for Moroder tones.
RELEASE DATE TBA, PRICE £549 SRP
It seems that even after decades as the top manufacturer of analogue synths in the world, Moog can still surprise and innovate! The new Moog Mother-32 is a Semi-Modular Analogue Synthesizer that's powerful, versatile and very affordable. Whether this will become your first ever Moog synth, or if you already own others, the Mother-32 will surprise and delight you with…
Availability:Call 0844 815 0888