Novation Circuit FREE Updates!
Whether you've already bought your Novation Circuit, or were thinking about buying one, now it's even better value, thanks to these free updates Novation have just announced, which include Synth Patch Editor, Beta Firmware and Midi CC Spec, just in time for Christmas!
But before we get into it, here's a look at what Circuit already can do, out of the box:
Novation's first update release (in beta) includes new hardware capabilities and bug fixes, plus a software synth patch editor made by Isotonik Studios, and MIDI CC specifications. This mean Circuit is an even better buy, now!
Record External MIDI
- Plug-in a controller keyboard using the included MIDI Din to Mini-Jack cable (additional MIDI cable required).
- Use MIDI Channel 1, 2, and 10 to play and record Synth 1, 2, and Drums
- All notes will be recorded into the sequencer
- Hold and release on Record button for temporary record
- Easily switch in and out of record mode for quick automation and note overdubbing
- When stopped, press record button, then a step. Holding Clear and wiggling a macro will delete the automation for that step only.
- Change synth presets externally
- Copying a step between tracks (synth -> synth, drum -> drum) now works correctly
- Master filter is now always set to neutral (off) on startup irrespective of the knob position
- Fixed stuck notes when switching sessions and after selecting patch 1
- Fixed sporadic audio glitches with Synth
Novation partnered with Isotonik Studios who've made a Max4Live device which can be used to edit synth presets on Circuit. The software allows owners to edit patches on their Circuit, save new patches to their unit, or create their own bank of 64 patches. We hope this will encourage customers to share patches with other Circuit users (have you joined the Circuit Owners Group yet!?).
Download it here*:
It is a Max4Live device and currently for Mac OS only, and you will need Ableton Live 9.5 Suite. This will run inside Live so also allows you to integrate Circuit into your Live workflow.
However, don’t worry if you don’t have Live Suite…..
Standalone versions are also available for Mac and PC. These are big files (because they operate in the Max Runtime environment), but are identical in function to the Max4Live version. They run on your computer even if you don’t have Live, or Max4Live, or Max MSP installed. Note that they are NOT plug-ins, so cannot be used in a DAW.
*this software has been built and will be supported by Isotonik Studios.
Novation have compiled a document containing every MIDI message that you can send to the Circuit to control synths, drums, mixer and FX, allowing users to create mappings for MIDI controllers.
To get the document, click here
This is just the beginning of Novation's work to develop and expand the capabilities of Circuit. This fantastic groovebox is already one of the most versatile and exciting portable instruments available today - a bona find synthesizer, drum-machine and sequencer groovebox... But it is bound to get even better! Novation are working on other items that they'll release as soon as they can.
Make new electronic music quickly and easily with a standalone groove box that combines Nova-heritage synths with expertly sculpted drums. Or your samples. The new Circuit Compenents tool makes your Circuit even better! This is a superb value groovebox and digital synth to create electronic music on the go.
Circuit is designed to inspire. Two Novation polysynths and…
Availability:Call 0844 815 0888