Electro-Harmonix Announces New C9 Organ Machine!
Keyboard players the world over have a really good reason to be scared now, as guitarists could take on their jobs! The new Electro-Harmonix C9 Organ Machine is even better than the popular B9 Organ Machine released earlier in 2014 to great acclaim. This new model delivers classic rock'n'roll organ sounds like those that could be heard in classic tunes by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and The Doors, besides much more!
If you liked the previous model, the Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine, just wait until you hear this new C9 pedal! It delivers some amazing, vintage sounds, inspired by some of the most remarkable organ sounds as heard in classic rock'n'roll songs from the 50's, 60's and 70's.
Now, at the press of a footswitch, guitarists can make their instruments sound like the mellotron flutes of The Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever, or like John Paul Jones unforgettable organ in Led Zeppelin's Your Time Is Gonna Come.
But that's not all! What about some proper prog rog organ like Keith Emerson's? Or what about sounding like The Door's Ray Manzarek, if it lights your fire? With the new C9 Organ Machine you can sound like any of them, and also Billy Preston in the Let It Be sessions, or Deep Purple's Jon Lord, besides much more!
At the press of a footswitch, you can get some legendary Organ sounds...thanks to the C9!
With the help of a ABY-style footswitch (such as the Morley ABY pedal) you can use the C9 in conjunction with the B9, alternating between organ sounds or blending both, for an even richer organ sound.
WATCH THE DEMO:
The C9 will transform your instrument into a convincing full body, electric organ or vintage electronic keyboard!
HOW IT WORKS:
DRY VOLUME KNOB
Controls the volume of the untreated instrument at the ORGAN OUTPUT jack.
ORGAN VOLUME KNOB
Controls the overall volume of the ORGAN preset.
MOD controls the speed of modulation. Modulation can be completely turned off when MOD is set fully counterclockwise. The type of modulation is contingent on the preset selected. The different types of modulation available are vibrato, tremolo and chorus. See the preset descriptions for modulation type.
CLICK controls percussive click level. It was designed to simulate the harmonic percussion effect on classic B3 and C3 organs. The click is added to the very first note or chord played. The click will retrigger only when current notes have been released and their amplitude falls below a threshold. For most presets, CLICK controls parameters unique to the preset. See the preset descriptions for details.
Press the BYPASS Footswitch to toggle the C9 between buffered Bypass and Effect mode. The status LED lights when in Effect mode.
DRY OUTPUT JACK
DRY outputs the signal present at the INPUT Jack through a buffer circuit. The dry signal is outputted regardless if the C9 is in Effect or Bypass mode. The DRY Volume knob does not change the volume at the DRY Output jack.
ORGAN OUTPUT JACK
ORGAN outputs the mix set by the DRY and ORGAN controls.
- Tone Wheel - Classic tone wheel-esque organ sound. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
- Prog – Paying homage to the massive sound of Keith Emerson of Emerson Lake and Palmer. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of an interval of a fifth and an octave below.
- Compact - This preset imitates a sound similar to Ray Manzarek’s tone on the Door’s “Light My Fire.” MOD type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
- Shimmer - This preset is based on an effect made popular by Brain Eno and Daniel Lanois. MOD adjusts the attack time. CLICK controls the sustain amount.
- Lord Purple – Our salute to the Jon Lord-ish type organ sound of Deep Purple. The ORGAN level controls the level of one set of 3 drawbars. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of a second set of 3 drawbars.
- Mello Flutes – A tribute to the classic Mellotron flute tape sound of The Beatles’ song “Strawberry Fields Forever.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the depth of the vibrato.
- Blimp - Led Zeppelin type sound. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
- Press Tone – EHX’s nod to the great organ sound found on The Beatles’ song “Let It Be.” MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
- Telstar - Envisions the legendary sound of a Clavioline as used on The Tornadoes song “Telstar.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
Now, keyboard players the world over have a really good reason to be afraid of their bands' guitarists! At the press of a footswitch, guitarists the world over can get some truly classic organ sounds such as the Mellotron flutes of The Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever, Led Zeppelin's Your Time Is Gonna Come and Jon Lord's classic Deep Purple Highway…