RME Fireface 400 FireWire Audio Interface
At this year's Frankfurt Musikmesse, RME will introduce the little brother of its Fireface 800 - a device that has revolutionized the world of FireWire audio interfaces. Rather than simply being a compact version of its illustrious relative, the portable, fiery little Fireface 400 is a newly designed product whose flexibility, functionality and performance sets it apart from other devices. With a unique feature set and unparalleled capability, the Fireface 400 sets new standards among 19-inch half-rack products in much the same way as its bigger brother has in the full 19-inch category.
With RME's extensive FireWire performance and analog/digital circuitry expertise invested in its design the Fireface 400 is the only device in its category to offer active jitter suppression, stand-alone MIDI functionality, direct device operation, professional quality I/Os, and an unsurpassed 648-channel matrix router! And, everything is operational up to 192 kHz!
RME's recording interface technology is renowned for some distinguishing characteristics and features. Included in the Fireface 400:
- Support for up to 192 kHz
- Two digitally controlled high-quality mic preamps
- Two balanced universal line/instrument inputs
- SteadyClock or maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- Simple stand-alone operation via display and rotary encoders
- TotalMix: 648-channel mixer with 42 bit internal resolution
- 54 level meters displaying peak and RMS, calculated in hardware
- Full mobility with reliable bus power support
- Fully identical feature set on Windows and Mac