All the gear, but no idea?
How to use your new kit
Got some great new gear for Christmas, but don't know what to do with it?
- Beginners guide to computer music, plus quick tips on how to connect your MIDI keyboard to your computer and an explanation of bit depth and sample rate.
- How to tune your ukulele
- How to start a band
- How to re-string your guitar
- How to set up your first cymbals
- How to make chiptunes with Propellerhead Reason
- How to record your new guitar
- How to get perfect tone from your new Gibson
- How to play slide guitar
Got some Christmas money...?
...and want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck? We can help.
- Check out our favourite and best-selling FX pedals of 2012
- Top mics of 2012
- What sized guitar should I buy?
- Beginners buying guide to keyboards
- We've got an electronic drums buying guide, and a guide to whether you should go for acoustic or electric drums
- If you're looking for a guitar, check out our electro acoustic buyers guide, a look at the best acoustic guitars on a budget, our guitar starter packs and the most affordable Les Paul guitars from Gibson and Epiphone.
Sound like your heroes
Use the gear you've got to achieve that ideal sound, or get the kit they use.
- Wanna sound like Oasis? Our Noel Gallagher gear guide will help you get the right equipment.
- Arctic Monkeys: the complete gear guide
- How to sound like Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood
- Manic Street Preachers
- Jack White's Pedalboards: From White Stripes to The Dead Weather
- Get the scoop on Jake Bugg's gear
- Joe Bonamassa's Gibson guitars
- And in our celebration of 60 years of the British chart we've got a look at the gear used on number one singles by artists from The Beatles and T-Rex through Frankie Goes To Hollywood right up to Gnarls Barkley.
Need a present for your present?
Accessories to help you look after and get the best out of your instruments.