Gibson 50th Anniversary of Marshall Les Paul Goldtop & 1962LE Bluesbreaker
Gibson Custom Presents: The Strictly Limited Edition ...
50th Anniversary of Marshall Les Paul Goldtop Electric Guitar
... AND the Limited Edition Marshall 1962LE Bluesbreaker Amplifier
“They might have originated from two very different companies on the opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean, but the Gibson Les Paul and Marshall amplifiers were a marriage made in rock heaven right from the start.” - Gibson
Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Slash... many a guitarist over the years has plugged their Gibson Les Paul into a Marshall Amp with an aparent sense pride and satisfaction, for the relationship between the two is undeniably a match made in Rock Heaven. Celebrating 50 years of the most iconic amplifier brand in Rock history, Gibson Custom and Marshall Amplification present the Strictly Limited Edition Gibson 50th Anniversary of Marshall Les Paul Goldtop Electric Guitar.
Gibson 50th Anniversary of Marshall Les Paul Goldtop
Based on the incredibly popular Gibson Custom Shop 1957 Les Paul Reissue Goldtop, The 50th Anniversary Goldtop features select tonewoods, PAF-style pickups and has been hand-aged by the one and only Tom Murphy. Desirable, vintage Les Paul, inside and out!
With a limited run of only 50 pieces worldwide, the 50th Anniversary of Marshall Les Paul Goldtop is simply a must have for any true collector. An iconic combination of premium select lightweight one-piece mahogany body and two-piece carved maple top result in sincere depth and clarity.
This Limited Edition Les Paul, in addition to being gently hand aged to replicate the appearance of the original '57 model, features a hands-prayed nitrocellulose Goldtop finish, and commemorative cream plastic pickguard which has been hot-stamped with a "Marshall 50th" badge... unmistakeable Limited Edition Gibson.
Each 50th Anniversary of Marshall Les Paul Goldtop will be sequentially numbered from 1 to 50, and comes protected in a brown pleather hardshell case with a 'Marshall' silkscreen and red-fur interior.
Each guitar includes a leather-bound Gibson and Marshall Certificate of Authenticity, an owner's manual and adjustment literature, and is covered by Gibson Custom’s Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 Customer Service.
ONLY 50 MADE WORLDWIDE
A N D W E ' V E G O T O N E
- One-piece, quarter-sawn mahogany neck glued in with a long tenon - enhanced resonance and sustain
- Rounded ’50s profile neck measuring .900" at the first fret and 1.000" at the 12th
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 vintage reissue frets
- Tortoise side dots
- A nylon 6/6 nut
- Nitrocellulose trapezoids
- Iconic "Marshall" script logo gracing the 12th fret
- To make the 50th Anniversary of Marshall Les Paul Goldtop supremely playable, the neck is Plek'd at the factory for optimum action and playing feel
- BurstBucker 1 in the neck position and BurstBucker 2 in the bridge - made with genuine Alnico II magnets and wound with 42 AWG wire, with slightly mismatched coils, just like the legendary PAF humbuckers of the late '50s, for a characteristic edge and complexity that is unmatched by modern humbucking pickups
- Marshall's proprietary input jack mounted to a cream Les Paul reissue jackplate
- Lightweight, gently aged aluminum stopbar tailpiece and nickel plated Tune-o-matic bridge
- Vintage-style tuners with green keys complete the look
… That's not all!
We've Also got the Limited Edition 1962LE Bluesbreaker Amp
According to Jim Marshall, this amp was first designed following a conversation with a young English guitarist who would practice in Jim's music shop and later went on to international stardom.
“He was one of the first guitarists to ask me for a combo version of the JTM45. He wanted something that'd be easy for him to get in and out of the boot of his car, you see. That's how the 1962 came about.”