Korg microKEYs | New 25 and 61 Key Keyboards
Korg microKEYs | New Models for Musikmesse 2012
R E G I S T E R Y O U R I N T E R E S T T O D A Y
The Korg microKEY family has expanded, the new 61 key and 25 key models have been added to the microKEY range accompanying the original 37 key keyboard.
The microKEY keyboards are slim, lightweight, USB powered and compatible with all of you computer music software; use it to create your own compact and customized command center. The microKEYS are designed for PC based music production and performance, featuring the acclaimed velocity-sensitive Natural Touch mini keyboard.
“The microKEY is the ideal USB MIDI keyboard” - Korg
The microKEY features 37 velocity-sensing mini keys, using the same Natural Touch keybed found on the Korg microKORG XL Analog Modeling Synthesizer/Vocoder and microSTATION Music Workstation. This keybed has been designed with careful attention to the touch and feel. The proportions of the black keys and white "waterfall" keys have been adjusted for optimal playability, and the key touch makes it easy to play chords, glissandos, and rapid-fire phrases. The microKEY accurately conveys the dynamics of your performance to any software package.
If it's the original 37 key model that you're after you can purchase it here. As for the two newbies (25 & 61 key), please register your interest on the product page and we will notify you as soon as they become available to purchase!
Korg microKEY Special Features:
Extended Range and Expression
The Octave Shift buttons extend the range of the microKEY by four octaves in either direction – up or down. The Key Transpose allows you to play in any key instantly. Used together, these two features provide access to the entire MIDI note range. For adding tasty expression to your performance, the microKEY is also equipped with both a Pitch Bend wheel and a Modulation wheel.
Free Editing Software
Download the free "KORG KONTROL Editor" and customize the microKEY for your production or performance system. Using the editor software, you can set the keyboard to respond to one of eight distinct velocity curves, or set a fixed velocity value. In addition, the range of the modulation wheel can be customized by setting minimum and maximum control change values. *KORG KONTROL Editor can be downloaded from the Support section of the Korg website.
- USB MIDI keyboard – thin, lightweight, and USB-powered
- Velocity-sensitive natural-touch mini-keyboard with excellent playing feel
- Three models to choose from:
- Octave Shift and Key Transpose features access the full MIDI note range
- Versatile controls include arpeggiator buttons, sustain/tap button, and joystick (25 key)
- Pitch Bend and Modulation wheels add expression to your performance (37 key, 61 key)
- Plug and play computer connectivity; no need to install a driver
- Can be connected directly to an iPad (25-key model requires the Camera Connection Kit)
- Dual USB ports; ideal for adding Korg's nanoPAD or other USB devices to your setup (37 key, 61 key)
- A generous assortment of licenses and discount coupons for popular software titles is included
- KORG KONTROL Editor is included
- A license is included for the "Korg Legacy Collection Special Bundle," containing software versions of Korg's classic synthesizers (61-key model only)