Yamaha MGP12X and MGP16X Mixing Consoles: New for NAMM 2012
The New Yamaha MGP Series
Where ‘P’ Stands for ‘Premium’
A New Class of Mixer
Today, Yamaha have launched the brand new, groundbreaking MGP Series of portable Mixing Consoles. The MGP12X and MGP16X represent a whole new paradigm for compact mixing desks, featuring new concepts and specifications like you’ve never seen before.
The MGP series includes newly refined, discrete Class-A microphone preamps which use an inverted Darlington circuit design and Yamaha’s proprietary X-pressive EQ that reproduces the unique frequency characteristics of sought-after classic EQ modules. These mixers feature outstanding sound quality and DSP functions suited for live sound reinforcement and installation applications in addition to giving you REV-X reverbs and the SPX effects engine on hand.
So what’s all the fuss about? Well, the MGP series mixers come with two sophisticated Hybrid Stereo Channels, each of which provides powerful DSP effects specially designed for the MGP models: Priority Ducker, Leveler and Stereo Imager. They also feature an iPod/iPhone integration function, making these mixers equipped to deal with all your modern mixing demands.
Yamaha + iPhone = A Game-Changing Level of Audio Performance
The MGP's come with an Apple-Certified connection for an iPod or iPhone which allows you to playback from, and charge your iDevice.
With digital Connectivity for your iPod/iPhone, mixing euphoria is but a single connection away. This innovative combination offers flexible DSP control as well as high-quality digital playback. With sonic superiority from preamp to output, the new MGP Series marks the birth of a whole new class of compact consoles. And by combining 40 years’ professional analogue expertise with 25 years of digital innovation, anything is possible. A free iPhone/iPod App is also available so all of your FX parameters can be accessed and edited remotely.
- New 1-knob compressors
- Optimized internal construction for minimal noise
- Durable and sleek integrated rack ears
- A multi-voltage, internal power supply that allows for worldwide use in any region with 100V-240V
- With its ideal convergence of technologies that offer new levels of sonic quality, functionality and reliability Yamaha’s new Stereo Hybrid Channel, the MGP Series is truly in a class of its own.
- Studio-grade discrete Class A “D-PRE” mic preamps
- Musical “X-pressive EQ” based on Yamaha’s famed VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) technology
- The Stereo Hybrid Channel featuring three-band EQ, plus “Ducker,” “Leveler” and “Stereo Image” functions designed specifically for live sound
- High-grade dual digital effects processors
- USB connectivity for iPod/iPhone and DSP control using the MGP Editor app
- Increased reliability and functionality
"Learn the software do you can create the music." Learn Cubase AI software from legendary Steinberg product specialist Steve Kostrey in this comprehensive, informative and professional video tutorial. Steve takes you through topics such as basic setup, tools, audio recording, audio editing, MIDI recording, fades, mixing and more. Cubase AI Tutorial CD Content: Audio/MIDI setup Your first project…
Built-in VCM Effects Previously available as "add-on" effect packages for top-line digital consoles, Yamaha's highly regarded VCM Channel Strip processors and REV-X reverb are now standard features on the 01V96VCM. These extraordinary effects are based on innovative Virtual Circuitry Modeling technology that actually models the original analog circuitry - right down to the last resistor and capacitor. VCM effects are…