Akai MPC Fly: Akai's 3rd MPC for NAMM 2012
Lay it flat, on your lap or back to back.
Start it on the Fly, finish when you get back.
The NEW Akai MPC Fly
Unveiled today, the MPC Fly is the latest instalment in Akai’s highly acclaimed and anticipated fresh range of MPC’s (Music Production Controllers). The MPC Fly is the first MPC to be designed specifically for the Apple iPad 2 and is most likely going to warm the hearts of musicians and techies the world over.
The MPC Fly does exactly what it says on the... well, the flexible, protective and incredibly stylish case! It transforms your iPad into a professional beat making powerhouse, for music production on the move. The laptop-esque casing stores an iPad in the top compartment and features the familiar bank of MPC trigger pads on the bottom half of the folding design.
The Fly includes its own long lasting lithium battery, and when your controller is plugged into the mains it will charge your iPad at the same time, now that’s convenience!
Just like its siblings, the ultra-slimline Fly is designed to work with a special software application with everything you need for quality production wherever you are. The MPC Fly allows you to sequence four tracks simultaneously with the built in multi-track mixer, and record and overdub sequences to create and edit your own programs.
Coming together with numerous built-in effects including delay, compression, EQ and more, the MPC Fly houses a library of samples and drum kits with the option of sampling your iPod library with its turntable interface. Your compositions can also be transferred to your Mac or PC to play with some more in a different DAW, or if it’s ready to go then you can just bounce ‘n’ burn, or furthermore, you can share it on SoundCloud, Facebook and twitter.
Whether you’re a producer on the fly looking for an interface that can actually keep up with you and your constant buzz of creativity, or a hardcore hardwarian just after a change, the MPC Fly, (and in fact the entire new MPC range) may just be the renovation that you need.
MPC FLY Hardware
- The first MPC designed specifically for iPad 2
- Fitted compartment for iPad 2 provides fully integrated portable MPC solution
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat & MPC Swing
- Works seamlessly with the MPC App: sequence & sample editing, effects, EQ and more
- Create beats on the go and transfer to a Mac or PC for further mastering
- Double-hinged case sits upright, lies flat or closes for transport
- Compatible with virtually any Core MIDI app
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charges iPad when plugged into wall power
MPC Fly iPad App
- Compatible with pretty much any Core MIDI app
- Sequence four tracks simultaneously: four-track mixer built in
- Built in sound library of samples and drum kits
- Record and overdub sequences and create and edit your own Programs
- 16-Levels mode: play one sample at 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note variation slider allows you to manipulate attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable Swing setting
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing
- Sample using internal mic or line-in and trim and categorize samples
- Sample from your iPod library with turntable interface
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook or twitter
- Supports WIST, Wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
- Supports AudioPaste
A few of you are probably unconditionally dedicated to your loyal and familiar set - DAW + interface + MIDI keyboard - and wouldn’t even consider accepting such a ‘contemporary’ music maker into your gear collection, but the MPC Fly is so completely “out there” and interesting that it may just win you over, you might be surprised.
The price? Still unknown at the minute; however what we do know is that it'll be available very soon. We can keep you updated with a price and ETA in your inbox if you click the 'Register Interest' button on the MPC Fly product page here.
Visit our Akai Brand Page for more products.
The AKAI XR20 BEAT PRODUCTION center. Superb controller, the power of MPC creativity for your own sequencer. The AKAI XR20 is a portable beat production center loaded with a sound set that is geared towards making hip hop and R&B beats wherever and whenever inspiration strikes. The XR 20 has over 700 pre-loaded sounds and an integrated effects engine for…
Check out the MPC University from Akai, get to know the gear and take a look at Music Radar's Renaissance Review here. Akai MPC Renaissance Hardware Main Features Legendary MPC production with the processing power of your PC or Mac Vintage mode which changes output sound character to the legendary MPC3000, MPC60 and more 16…
Availability:Normally 7-10 Days