Fender Custom Shop Collection: New for NAMM 2012
~ Fender 2012 Custom Shop Collection ~
There are and always have been instruments made at the Fender® Custom Shop that continue to pay homage to unique woods, hardware, inlays, electronics, etc. These Custom models are the canvas for beautiful high-end instruments and have set a new benchmark for Fenders Custom Range.
Custom Deluxe Telecaster
New for 2012, the Custom Deluxe Telecaster is just exactly that! This Tele is made up of top-of the line custom features including pearl button tuners, Twisted Tele pickups and the hand selected ash body with access heel and AAA quilted maple veneer top.
Featuring Fenders Twisted Tele neck and bridge pickups with 3 way switching, modern Telecaster wiring with a Greasebucket tone control circuit, a large “C” shaped, satin finished AA flame maple neck, and a rosewood or maple fingerboard with 22 Medium jumbo frets. This Deluxe Telecaster combines the best of old and new, and this New Year Fender are bringing you some incredible new colours and exotic woods.
See more of the Custom Deluxe line with the Custom Deluxe Stratocaster.
The Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster and Stratocaster are both available in: (RW/M) Faded Honey Burst, Faded Cherry Sunburst and Candy Red.
1961 Closet Classic Jazz Bass
The Jazz Bass has always been praised for its sleek design and quality sound. Since it debuted in 1960, it has maintained its reputation of being Fenders deluxe bass guitar model. The Jazz Bass has been an indispensible instrument for over 50 years, respected and loved my bassists worldwide who prize its slim, fast neck, sleek offset-waist design and full dual-pickup sound.
The Custom Shop 1961 Jazz Bass features an alder body, quarter sawn maple neck with a 60’s U shape, dark Indian rosewood fretboard with 7.25 radius. The Jazz Bass is the pinnacle of classicism with 20 vintage frets, vintage style Jazz Bass pickups, stacked concentric control knobs, tortoiseshell scratchplate and vintage hardware.
The 1961 Closet Classic Jazz Bass is available in Black and Arctic White.
See more of the Closet Classic line with:
- Closet Classic Strat Pro - Available in (RW/M) Black, Dakota Red and Faded 2-Colour Sunburst
- Closet Classic Tele Pro - Available in (RW/M) Black, Dakota Red and Nocaster Blonde
- Closet Classic 50s Telecaster - (M) Candy Green, White Blonde
- Closet Classic P Bass Pro - Available in Olympic White
1956 Heavy Relic Stratocaster
Few things are equal in the magic of an “old battered Fender Strat”, and this is one example that simply takes the biscuit. New for 2012 in 3 similarly beat up vintage colours, the Heavy Relic Stratocaster is built with quality Fender tone, playability and classic looks. The basic framework is a 1956 stratocaster, but this Heavy Relic comes with Fenders famous Fat 50s pickups, taller 6105 frets and a flatter 9.5 radius and custom wiring, providing the player with the ability to use the middle tone control on the bridge pickup as well.
Fender have said that “the feel and sound of this guitar is something that every Strat player must experience.”
This guitar has been given a heavy dose of the "Relic” treatment... built as new in its respective model year then played heavily for a few decades, with the appropriate wear to the finish and hardware plating. A vintage feel & sound without the vintage price tag!
The 1956 Heavy Relic Stratocaster is available in Black, Desert Sand and Faded 2-Colour Sunburst
See more of the new “Relics” with:
- Relic Nocaster - Available in Nocaster Blonde
- Relic Telecaster Custom - Available in Faded 3-Colour Sunburst
- Relic Stratocaster with Matching Headstock - Available in Olympic White, Dakota Red and Sonic Blue
- 60s Relic Stratocaster - Available in (RW) 3-Tone Sundurst, Sea Foam Green, Surf Green, Sonic Blue, Vintage White, Shell Pink, Candy Green, Lake Placid Blue, and Aged Cherry Burst.
More from Fenders 2012 Custom Shop Range
- NOS Nocaster - Nocaster Blonde
- 56 Stratocaster AA Birds Eye Maple Neck - Candy Green, Candy Apple Red
- 1962 Jazzmaster - (RW) 3 Tone Sunburst, Black and Vintage White
- We'll keep you updated with the landing date for this fantastic new range -
Fender Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster, 3-Colour Sunburst Pau Ferro. SRV would have loved this signature model...we know we do! This US-made model is one of the coolest Fender Stratocasters currently available! The legendary Stevie Ray Vaughan collaborated with Fender to produce a signature Stratocaster guitar shortly before…