NAMM 2011: Darkstar Access Virus TI Polar Whiteout
Wondering what we're telling you about this time? The Darkstar (aka Virus TI Polar Whiteout), is a special edition of 2009's TI2 Polar synthesizer.
With only a limited number of units being produced, the Virus TU Polar is the last part of the Virus TI WhiteOut special edition series.
Dark Star - what's different?
Dubbed 'Dark Star', the Virus TI Polar WhiteOut special edition comes in a military gun metal look with an evil red logo light on the back - so although the technical specifications are identical to the Virus T12 Polar, you get a brand new paint job.
What can it do?
- Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen)
- VirusControl™ VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP. The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer, making it feel just like a plug-in
- The Virus TI‘s Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface
- The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer
- WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed
- HyperSaw™ oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator per voice
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots
- 129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer
- 2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog™ cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation)
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesizers.
- 6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access‘ Sync Xtreme technology
- Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch
- Knob quantise for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from. 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable)
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters.
- New multi mode with embedded patches
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices
- Connectors on rear panel can be rotated for easy and convenient rack-mounting. The rack-mounting kit is included with the Virus TI Desktop
- Mahogany-style wooden side panels
Keep up to date with all the latest Winter NAMM 2011 news and launches with us here at Dolphin Music, we'll be bringing you all the latest straight from L.A!