Location - Liverpool
Are you enthusiastic about developing software for the web? Do you take pride in staying up to date with all the technologies on the internet? Are you flexible with the programming languages and frameworks you work with because you identify that different problems sometimes require different technical solutions.
Dolphin Music is looking for a Developer to join our technical team to manage and push forward a number of web based developments that will continue to fuel the company’s growth. The main development platform is LAMP using PHP 5 to develop object oriented solutions but extensive PHP knowledge is not a prerequisite. Suitable candidates will have a wide experience of technologies required for object oriented web development and be willing to cross train where appropriate. Our main focus is systems integration via web services and experience with web services, working with APIs and XML would be beneficial.
The role includes occasional maintenance and configuration of the production Linux Servers and experience of the console is a must.
Candidates should strive towards good working practices including excellent experience of version control, proven experience of object oriented coding and design patterns, knowledge of test driven development and experience of automated testing using unit testing software. The role will involve transferring these skills to new developers who join the team.
We are looking for self motivated, driven people to join our dynamic team today!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Designing, coding, and testing technical solutions for business system functionality and customer facing online functionality
- Developing back-end integrations with company systems ensuring data quality and data integrity
- Liaise with all departments to determine improvements to technical processes related to their business activity
- Taking objectives and split them into technical tasks which are recorded, managed and monitored in project management software
- Facilitating internal development by maintaining and improving the internal development environment (test servers, version control etc)
- Maintaining and improving the performance of production servers
- Researching and suggesting improvements to the various technologies used by the company
- Offering support to the Front-end developer when dealing with technical problems
- Delegating and manage occasional project work carried out by freelancers
- Occasional technical infrastructure support
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or related degree)
- Proficient at working and configuring a LAMP environment, Linux configuration, Apache Configuration, MySql design, optimization and configuration and object oriented web development.
- Production experience of system integration using web services and 3rd party APIs
- Benefit from experience in: PHP 5, SVN, SQL, HTML, CSS,
- Must have experience in some open source products
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise work to hit daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Strong problem solving, trouble shooting and analytical skills, ability to pro actively seek solutions and implement improvements
- Motivated, responsible and professional
Please note that only candidates short listed for interview will receive a response.