NAMM 2010: Cakewalk introduces A-PRO MIDI controllers
Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, announces the launch of the A-PRO Series of USB MIDI Controllers for Mac and PC.
The A-300 Pro, A-500 Pro and A-800 Pro are a brand new line of keyboard controllers developed in conjunction with Roland.
The A-PRO series focuses on intuitive real-time performance and ergonomic playability, making it a must-have controller for soft synths in a live or studio setting. This new line combines the best of both worlds: Cakewalk's legendary ease of use and Roland's world-class engineering and keyboard expertise. The respective keyboards are:
A-300 Pro: A 32-key USB MIDI keyboard
A-500 Pro: A 49-key USB MIDI keyboard
A-800 Pro: A 61-key USB MIDI keyboard
All A-PRO series keyboard controllers feature:
- The feel of a Roland-quality Instrument
- A superior key mechanism providing aftertouch and increased sensitivity for a wide range of expressive dynamics
- Rounded key assemblies for smooth and comfortable glissando
- Selectable velocity curves to fine tune the A-PRO to your playing style
- Roland's proprietary FPT (Fast Processing Technology) USB driver provides ultra-low latency and ensures subtleties of performances are captured
Eight Dynamic Pads
- Precise velocity sensitivity makes the A-PRO a formidable controller for finger drumming
- Hold function is perfect for triggering loops and sequences
Ergonomic design puts everything at your fingertips
- Ultra-bright, backlit LED display makes it easy to monitor settings, especially when on stage
- Controls and onboard settings are easily accessible and intelligently laid out
- Over 45 fully assignable controls, including knobs, sliders, and buttons
- Dedicated Transport section
- Sure-grip Pitch Bend/Modulation Stick offers expressive control of both parameters simultaneously
- Easy and streamlined connection with side panel ports
- A-300PRO Editor for Mac and PC makes it a breeze to customize the controller for use with your favorite synth or DAW
- When working in ACT (Active Controller Technology) mode, DAWs like the included SONAR LE will remap parameters automatically
- Trigger clips, video effects and transitions from your A-PRO musical performance using any video hardware with V-LINK support
- Expand playability with Sustain & Expression Pedals (available separately)
The Production Plus Pack
- Three inspiring virtual instruments for Mac & PC:
Cakewalk Sound Center
Studio Instruments Drums
SONAR 8.5 LE, a special version of Cakewalk's professional recording software for Windows
"The new A-PRO series MIDI controllers have everything the Mac or PC-based keyboardist needs," said Brian Desmond, Cakewalk's product manager for the A-PRO series. "Their dynamic pads, ergonomic layout, brightly-lit display and intuitive menu make these keyboards ideal for the pro-level player who performs live."
Also making its debut is the A-500S, an inexpensive 49-key USB MIDI keyboard that shares many of the same design elements as the A-PRO series keyboards. The A-500S comes with the Production Pack Plus 3 software bundle. It has three power options - USB, AC and also battery (4 x AA) - and features a 3-digit, 7-segment LED screen to easily monitor settings. Compact and portable, the A-500S is perfect for anyone making music at home or in a project studio with a computer, academic settings needing great sound at low cost, or live performances and mobile recording applications.
The A-PRO series and A-500S will be available at select music and sound retailers worldwide in late April, 2010.