Just landed the New Novation Nocturn 25…
The Nocturn 25 Keyboard is based on the control surface of the hugely popular Nocturn.
Most keyboard controllers have two big problems: The idea of being able to control software parameters with knobs and buttons sounds great. However, the hassle of assigning them, and remembering what they are assigned to becomes so tedious that you always end up turning back to your mouse. Nocturn Keyboard's Automap control software solves both these problems. To assign controllers, simply click on the parameter, touch a knob or button, and it is assigned!
The Nocturn 25 also enables you to keep track of what is assigned to what - instead of using a small monochrome LCD screen, Nocturn Keyboard displays control information where you really need it: on your computer monitor. The Automap software graphically displays Nocturn’s control surface. The controllers themselves also tell you what is going on: LED rings around the 8 encoders show their current settings, and LED’s behind the buttons tell you if they are on or off.
- High quality professional keyboard
- Velocity-sensitive, keyboard from Fatar, with assignable after-touch. The Nocturn Keyboard feels like playing an instrument rather than a computer peripheral. Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback
- Brightly lit 11 segment LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons throughout provide instant visual feedback for every physical control. Touch-sensitive encoders
- All 8 oversized encoders are touch sensitive, bringing up mapping information and allowing you to ‘touch’ in automation data on DAW’s with a ‘touch’ mode. Automap control Software
- Allows you to instantly 'learn' controllers to plug-ins. The GUI graphically displays Nocturn Keyboard's control surface on your computer monitor, enabling you to see exactly what is assigned to what, without using a tiny LCD screen. 8 Velocity-sensitive drumpads
- Nocturn Keyboard features 8 'softfeel' velocity sensitive drum pads. These can do more than just trigger notes and sketch drum patterns, all can be assigned to control software parameters. Total of 33 MIDI assignable controls
- 8 trigger pads, 8 dials, 14 buttons, modulation wheel. Sustain and expression pedal control can also be added. Speed Dial
- The 9th encoder is a unique 'Speed Dial' which allows you to instantly change the value of any parameter the cursor is pointing at, with no assignment needed whatsoever. USB Powered
- Nocturn Keyboard is powered by USB saving valuable plug sockets. It can also be powered down without being unplugged, preserving battery power in laptops.