Tascam Updates Portable USB Audio Interfaces
Tascam’s successful USB interfaces are now available in Mark Two versions with further improved audio performance and reduced size. Both models, US-122mkII and US-144mkII, feature improved audio and streamlined design, and receive power directly through the USB connection making them ideal for recordings on the road with a laptop computer based on Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
TASCAM has upgraded their best-selling audio interfaces to the US-122mkII and US-144mkII USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interfaces. The US-122mkII features improved audio performance along with a new, eye-catching compact design. The US-144mkII shares the design improvements, adding S/PDIF digital audio I/O for four channels of 96kHz/24-bit audio to and from a computer. Both interfaces use USB 2.0 technology for hiccup-free low-latency performance to Mac or Windows computers.
The TASCAM US-122mkII and TASCAM US-144mkII feature a pair of XLR microphone inputs with phantom power for recording condenser mics into a computer. Balanced line inputs and a guitar level in are also provided. MIDI in and out jacks allow for synthesizer and control messages to be passed to the computer, and the unbalanced line outputs connect to studio monitors.
The US-144mkII has the addition of digital in and out, for a total of four channels, and a dedicated headphone level control means you don't need to switch off your monitors when recording on phones. A copy of Steinberg's 48-track Cubase LE4 is included to begin recording right away.
TASCAM's US-122mkII and US-144mkII will be available from Dolphin Music in October. Order yours today, call 0844 815 0888.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
- (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (2) 1/4" balanced line inputs
- Switchable guitar level input
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- MIDI input and output
- S/PDIF stereo coaxial input and output (US-144mkII only)
- Individual Line and Headphone out level controls (US-144mkII only)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring
- Mac and Windows drivers included
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included
- Aluminum case construction