E-MU PIPEline Wi-Fi System for Musicians
E-MU® Systems has announced the release of the new PIPEline wireless stereo audio transmitter/receiver system. The PIPEline has been designed to free musicians from their audio cables without sacrificing audio quality. PIPEline can be used as a wireless transceiver for a guitar or keyboard, or as the basis of a wireless In-Ear monitoring system for a band.
Because latency is so critical in music performance, PIPEline has a minimal delay of only 6.6 ms, so it won’t interfere with the feel of the music. A PIPEline’d musician can move anywhere within a 15 meter range from the receiver. PIPEline also has three independent stereo channels, which means that three instruments can be completely independent with zero crosstalk.
PIPEline is also a great solution for low-cost In-Ear monitoring, supporting up to three separate stereo monitor mixes, or one transmitter can send a group mix to multiple receivers.
PIPEline will ship in the Spring of 2009. Price to be announced.
- Mobile wireless, transmit or receive – Each PIPEline can be configured as a transmitter or receiver for ultimate flexibility and works with any audio gear.
- Better than CD Quality Digital Audio – Audiophile quality sound with 48 kHz sample rate and 96dB signal-to-noise ratio of uncompressed audio
- Low Latency Unlike other wireless transceivers with long latency of 20 ms, PIPEline offers low latency so essential for live music applications. (6.6 ms in dedicated pairing mode /10ms in broadcast mode)
- 15 Meter (49 feet) Range – PIPEline has Extended Audio Range Reception (EARR) to give you even more freedom
- Long Battery Life (up to 10 hrs receive) – The rechargeable battery lasts up to 10 hours in receive mode and 5 hours in transmit mode.
- Analog/Digital inputs or outputs – The audio Flex-Jacks can be configured as inputs or outputs and they can also be setup to send or receive analog or digital S/PDIF – whatever type of connections you need.
- Broadcast mode allows one transmitter and multiple receivers – In this mode, one transmitter can broadcast to multiple receivers.
- PIPEline can be used as an “In-Ear” monitor system for your band, or broadcast to a class of students using headphones.
- Power adapter/charger, cables and skin included