Harman Pro Group Launches HiQnet System Architect
Following the January 2005 launch of Harman Pro Group\'s HiQnet connectivity-and-control protocol for professional audio systems, Harman now introduces HiQnet System Architect configuration-and-control software for HiQnet audio systems. HiQnet System Architect is a Windows-based application that provides audio professionals with an intuitive, unified platform for system design and operation of all audio devices in the signal chain from microphone to speaker.
\"HiQnet System Architect has been developed in close cooperation with audio professionals to provide an intuitive, robust front-end to the industry\'s most sophisticated, highest-performing audio system,\" explained Rick Kreifeldt, vice president, Harman Pro Group, system development and integration group. \"System Architect is versatile and eminently configurable to needs and applications of audio professionals in a variety of tour sound and installed sound applications.\"
Aside from important operational benefits, HiQnet System Architect offers compelling commercial advantages, the company says. System Architect eliminates the need for disparate operating systems, multiple control and configuration applications, and the need to program individual signal processors, speaker controllers, wireless microphone systems, and mixing consoles. As such, training costs and set-up time can be reduced significantly and project managers have greater flexibility in the manpower resources they assign to tasks.
System Architect has been written on a plug-in architecture that enables drivers for new Harman Pro Group audio technologies to be developed and easily installed in the future. The protocol\'s adherence to the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP™) standard enables HiQnet devices and control PCs to automatically recognize and accept IP and HiQnet addresses. Transport-agnostic, HiQnet has been engineered to traverse any cable type, including Ethernet, USB and FireWire, though the initial applications are all Ethernet.
System Architect makes the ground-breaking advantages of HiQnet available to audio professionals for a wide variety of applications such as theatres, restaurants, sporting arenas, office buildings, shopping malls, or live and touring sound systems. Features include:
- Unified layout of on-screen product configuration
- Simple preset configuration of an entire system of products across multiple brands and product classes
- Common configuration and recall of networked audio-routing across all components of an entire system
- Custom control-panel creation consisting of controls from multiple products across multiple brands
- Copy / paste of like parameter values from, and to, multiple products across Harman Professional brands
- Unified event logging and error reporting for entire system
- Advanced remote control and diagnostic capabilities
- Dedicated mode for tablet PC operation
- Optimization for touch-screen PC use
- Configurable cue list within Studer Vista 8 or other future
HiQnet-compliant consoles allows simple recall of presets on all connected HiQnet devices
HiQnet System Architect is available for download at harmanpro.com