The new instrument has a much larger core library and features highly detailed new acoustic, electric and synth basses - as well as enhanced versions of the classic Trilogy sounds. Sporting a brand new user-friendly interface with numerous software innovations. Trilian is the first 64-bit native software based on Spectrasonics´ STEAM engine and is the first virtual instrument to feature full library integration with the company´s flagship Omnisphere synthesizer.
Spectrasonics´ Founder and Creative Director Eric Persing said, "At Spectrasonics we´ve always loved bass sounds. when we started 15 years ago, our very first product was the best selling Bass Legends sample library. Then in 2002, we introduced Trilogy - the world´s first bass virtual instrument. Today, we are very pleased to announce Trilian, which represents a whole new generation of our bass development. Trilian is built on the STEAM engine that powers Omnisphere, which has allowed us to create the most expressive and flexible bass module we´ve ever made."
Trilian is set to be released on 29th June 2009, with an rrp of $299 (£TBC). All existing Trilogy customers who registered pre-2009 will be able to upgrade to Trilian for $99.
There is also a special FREE upgrade offer for Trilogy customers on the Intel-Mac platform and for customers who purchase Trilogy in 2009*. Upgrades will be available exclusively through Spectrasonics online techshop.
Trilian Features (preliminary info):
- Trilian® is the long-awaited successor to the award-winning Trilogy software plug-in
- Much larger core library includes multiple NEW Acoustic, Electric & Synth Basses
- Includes enhanced versions of all the original Trilogy patches
- Based on powerful STEAM Engine technology - like Omnisphere
- Arpeggiator with Groove Lock™ for instant bass line syncing to any RMX groove or MIDI Files.
- Omnisphere library integration: use any of the Trilian sounds inside Omnisphere!
- Integrated FX racks, including all effects from Omnisphere
- 8-part multitimbrality allows access to multiple articulations in a single plug-in
- High Definition streaming sample playback with Multi-channel audio architecture allows easy Mic, DI and Release soundsource mixing within a single layer
- Extensive ‘Round-Robin’ sampling for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes
- Expressive Multisampled dynamic slides – realistically slide from one note down to another
- Live Mode allows 8 dynamic bass articulations loaded at once with instant, seamless key-switching
- Stack Mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller articulation mapping
- New Custom Controls main page for rapid editing, access to the most useful controls and user interface customization for each patch
- State of the art new Browser with Searching, Attributes/Tags, Images
- Edit Page offers very powerful sound manipulation features including Timbre Shifting, FM, Flex Mod, Modultable FX, Dual-voice Harmonia™ and more
- Mac Universal Binary VST/AU/RTAS support – Windows VST, RTAS
- 64-Bit native support
Full product details, comprehensive sound listings and system requirements for Trilian will be announced in May