The G2M™ is a simple-to-use, highly effective, guitar-to-MIDI converter. It is “Universal” because it doesn’t need a special pick-up mounted on your guitar, but instead simply connects to your guitar like any other effects pedal or tuner.
Designed to give accurate triggering, with low-latency, it is a true plug-and-play solution for monophonic MIDI guitar. It can be used to sequence bass lines and guitar solos add an edge to your live performances — it opens up many creative possibilities.
- Any electric guitar can be used as a solo MIDI guitar.
- No guitar modifications or special pickups required.
- Robust note detection — minimises wrong notes.
- Accurate pitch-bend determination.
- Low latency.
- Built-in tuner for standard guitar tuning.
- Battery-powered with long battery life.
- Compact, lightweight and portable.
No modifications are required to your guitar; no special pickups to install; and nothing needs to be “stuck” onto your instrument. It works with all electric guitars.
The G2M™ universally appeals to all guitarists from novices to seasoned professionals. Keenly priced to fit any budget, with the robust reliable performance expected by the finest stagemen.
Incredibly simple to use:
- Plug your guitar into instrument in to power-up the G2M™
- Connect your MIDI device (or computer) to the MIDI out
- Play notes on your guitar and MIDI will be sent out!
Powered from a single PP3 battery, its long battery life combined with small size makes the G2M™ the ideal accessory to keep with your guitar. Not only does it provide fast and precise tuning, but it also gives you instant MIDI capability for any electric guitar!
Research has shown us that the most important aspect for pitch-to-MIDI conversion is reliable and reproducible triggering of notes. While low-latency is important, robust triggering is the key to usability — you can easily adapt to some latency, but you cannot adapt to random, spurious notes.
By virtue of the unique, inherently robust technology used in the G2M™ you will be able to reliably generate accurate MIDI quickly and easily. Notes are generated exactly as played, and the nuances of your performance are captured with fast, accurate pitch-bend data.
The built-in tuner uses our PULSAR™ tuning technology where the power LED doubles as a tuning indicator. This innovative tuner gives you a fast and accurate way to tune your guitar.
Featuring a high-impedance input circuit, the G2M™ won’t sap your tone when using it “in-line” before your amp, or other effects pedals. You can then easily combine MIDI sounds with your normal guitar sound for some exciting musical possibilities.
Improves Playing Technique
For optimal MIDI conversion, your guitar playing needs to be clean and accurate. Accidental notes, resonating open strings and other sounds can often be converted into undesired MIDI notes. Often you don’t hear these when playing guitar yourself, but can detect them easily when listening live to the generated MIDI.
Striving to improve MIDI note accuracy, encourages clean picking and accurate fingering, with good control over non-sounding strings by damping them.
Not only will your MIDI output be more accurate, your normal guitar playing will sound clearer and more professional. It’s like having a tutor sitting beside you giving you advice. It’s also great fun!
Most of all, it’s Fun!
When you try the G2M™ and generate some new sounds, the first thing that strikes you is how much fun it is. Unleash new creative inspiration and invigorate your soul.
- Power supply 9V PP3 battery. Average current consumption < 10mA. (Typically more than 70 hours operating time.)
- Tuner notes E2, A2, D3, G3, B3, E4 (Standard 6-string guitar tuning)
- Tuner accuracy <1 cent when pulsing at <1Hz
- Note detection range E2 to E6
- MIDI latency 16ms to 30ms depending on note and characteristics of input signal
- MIDI power 5V (via 200 ohm resistor as per the MIDI specification)
- Size 83mm x 58mm x 34mm
- Weight 80g (without battery)
- Inputs 6.35mm mono jack (switches unit on when jack is inserted)
- Outputs 6.35mm mono jack connected directly to input jack. Standard 5-pin MIDI socket.
- Switches Boost switch to select between low- and high-output guitars