Now Shipping: ArKaos VJ 3.5
ArKaos is launching the latest version of its popular video jockey software, ArKaos VJ 3.5, which adds, amongst others, FreeFrame plug-ins support, Firewire video output, a new automation mode, new DMX fixture-based protocol and a new positional effect.
ArKaos is proud to uncover the new version of ArKaos VJ. In addition to the broad set of features already available, this version introduces the following new developments:
- FreeFrame is a popular open source framework for video plug-in development. By adding FreeFrame support, ArKaos now enables VJ users to access a vast library of third party effect plug-ins. This new version comes shipped with 40 FreeFrame effects.
For more information, see http://www.freeframe.org
- VJ now supports real-time video output through Firewire connection (Mac & PC) for recording of live performance and connection to digital mixers.
- The new automation mode is now taking advantage of the latest feature of VJ to intelligently stack movies and effect allowing a smooth and natural automated performance. Ideal when you need to get a Break!
- To accommodate with High-end DMX consoles, ArKaos now implements an additional fixture-like control protocol. In this mode the DMX controls are split into several layers, for each of which you can use pre-assigned parameters to easily choose and control your visuals and effects. This mode combines perfectly with programmable DMX consoles.
- A new positional effect allows you to control the position of your visual on a 3D plane anywhere on the screen using either MIDI or DMX controllers.
- The new ArKaos VJ 3.5 comes with new exclusive visual content and the software box includes a DVD-Rom containing 2 Gb of high quality movies and pre-mixed .kos files created by professional video artists.
As announced previously, the upgrade is free for all registered users of ArKaos VJ 3.x; users of version 2.x can still upgrade at a special price.