New Fostex LR16 Live Multitrack Recordings Suite
Fostex has announced the LR16 Live Recording Mixer.
Here’s all the details in their own words…
LR16 is 16/4/2 live mixer with built-in 16-track recorder at the most affordable price point in the market offering flexible use in the shape of regular MTR unit or separated I/O Box and Controller Box with just CAT5 cable connection being engineered by Fostex’ superb HD recorder experience and state-of-the-art digital mixer technology.
- Connector Box (recorder + I/O) and Controller (mixer section) can be flexibly separated via off-the-shelf CAT5 cable up to 50m. Just one cable from I/O box on the stage to the F.O.H. mixer controller instead of heavy and expensive snake cable.
- Intuitive analog-like mixer operation in digital domain with 16 inputs faders + 4 bus faders + master fader.
- Built-in 80GB HD for approx. 16 hours of 16-track uncompressed digital recording (16bit/44.1kHz) or 9 hours at superior digital quality of 24bit/48kHz.
- One hit of “REC” button starts 16-track recording immediately.
- Multitrack and Stereo Mix can be recorded simultaneously creating 16 x mono wave files plus 1 x Stereo wave file on the HD.
- Choice of MTR-like stand-alone integration or separated rack mounting.
- FAT 32 formatted HD can be mounted on PC or Mac via USB.
- Digitally controlled TRIM with LIMITER on all the 16 channels.
- 3-band EQ on all the 16 channels.
- Built-in Master Effects (Reverb/Delay)
- USB Host connector to dump recorded data to USB flash memory for easy data transfer to PC or Mac.