NAMM 2009: TC Electronics Releases the new RebelHead 450 Bass Amp.
Which seems to be a truly fine-looking, modern and stylish bass head. Check it out!
The new TC Electronics RebelHead 450 bass amp...nice!
Yeah, looks good. What about the features? Read what TC Electronics have to say...
Bassists, it’s time to punch through the mix! RebelHead450 is here to give bassists a voice. From the moment you experience its sounds, the raw power, and its many amazing features you realize that the bass team at TC Electronic has delivered what you as a bass player have always wanted: an amp system without compromise.
With decades of cutting edge amp design and signal processing development, no other company could bring you this much power, flexibility and tone within a bass amp system.
At TC Electronic, bass gear is developed for bass players by bass players. We have accumulated years and years of live and recording experience – hard-earned experience we've harvested out there on the road and in studios. After countless hours of playing, tweaking, listening – well, living bass, we truly understand your needs and desires when it comes to gigs, rehearsals and studio work. We’re proud to bring you RebelHead450 - the bass innovation that will define Bass Amp 2.0.
And if you fancy playing the Rehelhead 450...why not try to join their Test Pilot Program?
Rebel with a cause
Accomodating apparent needs that we all have, RebelHead450’s impressive feature set is bound to make you go “why didn’t someone think of this before?”
We call it Bass Amp 2.0
|On board User Memories|
You might not use presets, but only because you’ve never had the chance! Anyone who’s used different basses on stage knows that a few user memories on your amp would be welcome. With RebelHead450 you can easily switch between, for example, your 4- and 5-string basses, or your Rickenbacker and Fender Jazz. Just plug in the bass and use the ‘car radio’ style Store & Recall controls to easily switch between presets for your chosen model. There are three bass user memories, remote control access and visual indicators for Mute and the Tuner.
|Flexible Tone Control|
Straightforward controls like you know them from traditional amps. Voiced to give you plenty of tweaking options to nail the perfect tone. Chances are that this is all you’re ever gonna need. However, if you’re not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not - we’ve given you the option to change the focus of each of the tone controls.
The nerdy term for this feature is semi-parametric bands, but let’s just refer to it as “hidden parameters” or “the magnifying glass”. It allows you to pinpoint a frequency you either want to remove or boost for each tone control and then store the settings.
Most transistor designs have tried to replicate the tube sound using one small pre-amp tube, but they generally fail as they don’t take into account the crucial characteristics of the full pre-amp and power amp sections – both of which are essential to the sound. TubeTone™ emulates all characteristics to deliver the full tube sound.
Integrated DI boxQuality can vary wildly with built-in DIs, but RebelHead450’s DI is transformer balanced and galvanically isolated from the rest of the amp, which means no ground loops or hum. And don’t worry about long cable runs – RebelHead450 will draw at least 100m of cable with zero drop in audio quality.
Power HandlingThe 450w high power output level of RebelHead is accomplished by using Class D amplifier technology in combination with TC Electronic’s Active Power Management™. APM effectively means that the amp behaves very much like a tube amp when getting close to maximum performance by optimizing the power impact, contrary to the hard-clipping tendencies of transistor amps and most other Class D amps.
- Input Section
- Input connector 1/4" jack
- Input impedance 1 Mohm / 100 pF
- Gain range -96 to 32dB
- Tone control
- Bass Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
- Low Mid Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
- High Mid Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
- Treble Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz, Gain: +12/-24dB)
- Tube Tone 0 to12, Tube amp Recreation
- Spectra Comp 3 band Spectral Compression
- Preset Level -12 dB to 0 gain attenuation
- User Memories 3 memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute & Master Level
- Tuning range Chromatic, constant on A0 (27.50Hz) to E5 (659.26Hz)
- Mute Mutes speaker out, Phones out and
- Master Level Headphone output Studio quality headphone amp
- Impedance 40 to 600 Ohm
- Mains supply Universal 100 - 240V 50/60Hz (80w @ 1/8 Power)
- Speaker out Combined Speakon / 1/4" jack
- Power rating 450w (800w Peak)
- Balanced output Transformer Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
- Max. Output +0dBu
- Optimal Load Impedance 600 Ohm
- Preamp out 1/4" Jack, Balanced Output, Max Output Level = +8dBu
- Power amp in 1/4" Jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8dBu
- Rehearsal input RCA, Left/Right input, fits to iPod ®
- Digital Recording out Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24-bit)
- Remote connection 5 pin DIN, Cable with shield
- Dimensions 275 x 290 x 66 mm / 10,8” x 11,4” x 2,6”
- Weight 4kg / 8.8 pounds
- Finish Sandblasted die-cast aluminum
Get All The Latest NAMM News!