Reason 4 - A closer look at the updated features
What is Reason?
For those that don’t Reason is what pop stars writers use to make music with, fast!. Its so easy and its built in soundbank is unbelievable and dare I say essential for modern day music making.
Making music should be as easy as powering up a computer, loading up a powerful piece of music software, and getting down to business. And it is. Reason version 4 is a virtual studio rack with all the tools and instruments you need to turn your ideas into music. And it’s more than just a set of excellent synths and effects. It’s a complete music system. Step into the age of Reason.
As of version 4.0, modules available include:
- Subtractor: a subtractive synthesizer
- Malström: a graintable synthesizer
- NN-19: a standard digital sampler, which loads pre-recorded instrumental and vocal sounds
- NN-XT: an advanced digital sampler, which features the option of tweaking the various modulation, oscillation and filter parameters of a preloaded sample or patch
- Dr Rex: a loop playback device, which slices prerecorded samples into manageable, bitesize units
- Redrum: a drum machine with a 64-step pattern sequencer, allowing for playback of the library of pre-recorded drum and effects samples.
- Thor: a semi-modular, polyphonic synthesizer that features, among others, wavetable, FM and phase modulation synthesis that can be routed through various types of filter modules.