Digidesign Ships Pro Tools 8 Software
Pro Tools 8 Software provides everything needed to create, compose, score, record, mix, produce and broadcast in single application.
DALY CITY, Calif., (December 17, 2008) — Digidesign®, a part of Avid Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVID), today announced the immediate availability of Pro Tools 8 software, the company’s highly-anticipated, next-generation music creation and audio production software.
Available now through authorized Digidesign dealers as well as at www.digidesign.com, Pro Tools 8 is the latest version of the industry-leading digital audio workstation. A dramatically enhanced feature set is highlighted by a completely updated user interface, more than 70 bundled plug-ins and virtual instruments, fully-integrated MIDI and score editors and an expanded array of editing features for both music and post production applications.
“Customer excitement for this release of Pro Tools is at an all-time high,” stated Tex Schenkkan, Vice President and General Manager, Audio at Avid. “We believe that this is not only in response to the substantial changes and additions we've made to the product, but also because so much of what’s new came directly from customer feedback. We are grateful for their contributions, and are looking forward to hearing what they produce using all the powerful new capabilities included in Pro Tools 8.”
For composers and musicians, Pro Tools 8 provides powerful functionality for streamlining the creative process, and delivers the most versatile sonic palette ever available out-of-the-box for Pro Tools. New music creation features include:
• Fully integrated MIDI and Score Editor windows for greatly enhanced MIDI editing functionality and professional score editing and printing
• A sizable collection of music creation and sound-processing plug-ins, including: 20 all-new effects and five new virtual instruments—Mini Grand piano, Boom drum machine, DB-33 tonewheel organ, Vacuum tube-modelled synthesizer, and Xpand!2™ sample player
• High-quality amplifiers simulation via Digidesign’s acclaimed new guitar amp emulator Eleven™ Free as well as Tech21 SansAmp® amplifier emulator
• An 8 GB bundle of high-quality loops
For music and post production professionals, Pro Tools 8 offers:
• Revolutionary Elastic Pitch, which makes it easy to transpose music in real time right in the Edit window
• 10 inserts per channel
• Enhanced controller integration with Digidesign and M-Audio® control surfaces
• ICON integration enhancements that dramatically increase speed and efficiency
• HD QuickTime support on Mac OS X for increased versatility
Pro Tools|HD® 8 also enhances the extensive capabilities of Digidesign’s flagship Pro Tools|HD audio hardware, with support for the new Satellite Link option, which allows users to control up to five Pro Tools|HD systems as one. Additionally, the Avid® Media Composer® based Video Satellite option brings Avid HD/SD video playback into the Pro Tools|HD audio workflow, while the new Video Satellite LE option allows Pro Tools|HD editors to play QuickTime HD/SD video or Avid® SD video from a separate but synced Pro Tools LE system, thereby preserving track count and processing power on the host Pro Tools|HD system. Satellite Link, Video Satellite and Video Satellite LE will be available in December, 2008.
For project studio owners, Pro Tools LE 8 and Pro Tools M-Powered 8 support up to 48 simultaneous audio tracks out of the box. Adding the new Music Production Toolkit 2 or DV Toolkit™ 2 (Pro Tools LE only), gives users access to up to 64 audio tracks. And for serious Pro Tools LE users, the new Complete Production Toolkit (Pro Tools LE only) combines the content of both toolkits, and offers up to 128 simultaneous audio tracks and 7.1 surround mixing. All three toolkits are currently available through authorised Digidesign dealers as well as at www.digidesign.com.