Getting my Guitar to my P.C.?
One of the most requested pieces of information here at Dolphin is "How do I get my guitar into my P.C.!
This is a qustion that in the past required quite a complex answer and one which was could be costly and of course is limited to your guitar equipment.
In other words if you only had a 15 w Peavy combo, that's all you were recording with!
Not to mention needing the right Room, Microphones, Pre-amps and everything else that you come to expect from a recording chain.
Now using modern software based technology my "Guitar rig" may comprise of a guitar, a lead, an audio interface and a laptop.
Here is some examples of the easiest way to get recording your guitar.
IK Multimedia StealthPlug Inc Amplitube 2 LiveCompact, cable-like, USB audio card for guitarists to plug into the world of software based amp and effects modeling. With an in-line guitar cable USB audio interface housing a 1/4” jack on one side and a USB port on the other, entering the world of software based amp and effects modeling is as simple as plugging your guitar into your computer. StealthPlug also includes volume adjustment buttons, indication LED, and a 1/8” stereo output for headphones, powered speakers, or an amp.
The perfect mobile solution for playing, recording, or practicing - anytime and anywhere.
Use AmpliTube Live, for playing and AmpliTube LE within your recording environment for the ultimate in flexibility. For live playing or practicing anywhere at any time, the StealthPlug is a complete guitar amp and effects modeling solution. Use the StealthPlug with AmpliTube Live and LE, in either plug-in or standalone format, with all major Mac and PC platforms.
Easy to use, just plug your guitar into your computer.
Install the software, connect the StealthPlug to your guitar and a USB port on your computer, and you’re ready to rock. There has never been an easier way to enter into the digital world of software based guitar amp and effects modeling..
Line 6 TonePort UX2
Featuring a graphical interface that most guitarists will find easy to understand
TonePort™ is like a rack full of premium tube recording equipment, plus a perfectly engineered recording room for guitar and bass, thanks to our acclaimed guitar/bass direct tone with mic and cab modeling. What else would you expect from the makers of the revolutionary POD® product family? TonePort even comes with a special version of the popular recording application Ableton Live created for Line 6 so you can start making great sounding recordings as soon as you open the box!
The included GearBox™ software controls TonePort and gives you a premium tone front end for all your recordings. Includes meticulously crafted models of premium tube studio preamps, vintage guitar and bass rigs, and sought after, personality-rich effects. This is the tone that pros rely on and only Line 6 provides. Now it comes to your desktop with TonePort.ToneDirect™
With Line 6’s exclusive ToneDirect™ monitoring, you get fully processed audio in real time while you track! Far better than recording through plug-ins, it avoids the latency from your recording program and operating system. ToneDirect also easily beats analog direct monitoring options that force you to record guitar without hearing the amp model and effects, or struggle to get an inspired vocal with no reverb! With GearBox software and TonePort hardware, it’s easy to get amazing sounding recordings every time inspiration hits.
Just look at these specifications, this system is not only easy to use but a very powerful system featuring many inputs and and outputs for different applications
- 2 Mic Inputs with +48v Phantom Power
- 2 Guitar/Bass Inputs – use the Pad input for guitars and basses with high level pickup outputs, or the normal input
- Stereo Line Inputs for your line out level gear
- Stereo Digital Output S/PDIF via RCA
- Stereo Line Outputs via balanced 1/4-inch
- Stereo Monitor Input via stereo 1/4-inch jack
- Headphone Output with independent volume knob
- VU Meters assignable to input, record send, output and monitor levels
- Footswitch Jacks send MIDI commands to recording programs (start/stop, punch in/out, etc.)
- Pro Audio Performance with over 100dB signal-to-noise & dynamic range
- Tone Direct™ monitoring - unique, full tone low latency monitoring regardless of recording software's buffer size
- 44.1 & 48KHz, 16 & 24 bit recording
- 96KHz mode with built-in sample rate conversion for simultaneous input and output
- Rock-solid Drivers: ASIO, WDM, Mac OS X
VOX JamVOX Jam and practice tool for Guitar
This new device is not only a guitar set up, a recording interface, a microphone pre amp and a full modelling suite but a computer audio monitor and full "Jam and practise tool " for guitarists. Thi sinterace really can remove guitar and 'reveal 'guitar fro song sin your .mp3 collection allowing easier analysis of parts, a must for the eager musician
The JamVOX is an integrated monitor and software system that extracts the guitar from any MP3 and plugs you into the mix of their favorite bands.
JamVOX gives guitarists instant access to dozens of legendary amps and effects all in one easy to use “drag and drop” software interface. Revolutionary Guitar XTracktion (GXT) technology lets you remove the guitar part of your favorite song with the push of a button. Best of all, you can then take the lead yourself with instant rock star tone! Alternatively, you can extract or isolate the guitar part, slow down the tempo, and practice any style of music without changing the pitch.
The VOX JamVOX includes authentic software models, or recreations, of 19 famous guitar amps and 54 vintage and modern effects, so you'll be able to perfectly reproduce the sounds of your favorite guitarists. JamVOX also comes with a dedicated full-range USB monitor speaker, so there's no need for complex wiring or any specialized knowledge of computer music.
A two-CD 28-song bundle of guitar play-along tracks of famous songs, courtesy of Hal Leonard Corporation, is also included, with classic play-along songs such as Day Tripper by The Beatles, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, Hot For Teacher by Van Halen, Crossroads by Cream, Am I Evil? by Metallica, and many more.
JamVOX Software features:
- 19 amp models ranging from vintage to modern: Virtual Valve Reactor even reproduces the operation of vacuum tube power amps including VOX AC15, VOX AC15TB, VOX AC30, and more.
- 12 cabinet models that meticulously simulate the speaker response and cabinet design including VOX AC15, VOX AC30, VOX AD412, TWEED 1x8, TWEED 1x12, and more.
- 54 high-quality effect models: 18 pedal-type, 12 modulation-type, 11 delay-type, 12 reverb, noise reduction including TUBE OD, ORANGE DIST, FUZZ, OCTAFUZZ, VOX WAH, ROTARY, TALK MOD REVERSE DELAY, ECHO PLUS Delay, reverbs and many more.
- Drag and drop six effect units to freely specify their routing
- More than 100 Guitar programs that include the guitar sounds of famous songs and guitarists
- Pickup modeling function lets you produce the sounds of different pickups than those actually on the connected guitar
Compact, cable-like, USB audio card for guitarists to plug into the world of software based amp and effects modeling. With an in-line guitar cable USB audio interface housing a 1/4” jack on one side and a USB port on the other, entering the world of software based amp and effects modeling…
Availability:Call 0844 815 0888