New Yamaha PSR-S550 launches in October
In October Yamaha will launch the brand new PSR-S550 digital keyboard, which replaces the PSR-S500. The S500 won huge praise from keyboard players across the world thanks to its high-quality sound and features, many passed down from the advanced PSR-S900 and PSR-S700, at a very attractive price. In addition its easy to use panel layout, which was inherited from Tyros2, made operation very straight forward.
However, the next model in the range, the PSR-S700, offers onboard 16-track sequencer and style creator functions. These are high quality music production features despite its mid-range price. The new PSR-S550 incorporates both these features bringing quality music production options at a new lower price point.
The PSR-S550 can be used by a broad range of musicians, from beginners through to more experienced and advanced players. The number of instrumental and synth voices have been greatly increased to over 750, whilst the 64-note polyphone (double that of the S500) enhance its music production credentials.
An additional benefit is the ability to step easily through the range to higher models, thanks to the shared panel layout with S700/900 and Tyros series. A cool new black finish in addition to the traditional silver finish enhances and broadens the PSR-S550's appeal still further.
- Style Creator – write your own accompaniment styles onboard
- 16-track Sequencer – expanded music production capabilities
- Dramatically increased number of voices – 763 voices including new Ethnic voices
- 64-note polyphony – double the polyphony of PSR-S500 to allow richer sonic textures to be created
- Full XG support
- Mid-range pricing – but high-quality sound
- Choice of silver or black finishes