Mackie Previews First DJ Mixer at Musikmesse
After two years of extensive research and development that included collaboration with some of the world\'s most notable DJs, the d.2 combines hallmark Mackie technologies like intelligent ergonomics, bulletproof construction, and premium analog VCA circuitry with some revolutionary new ideas that have never before been implemented in a DJ Mixer.
We have great relationships with some of the world\'s most active and respected DJs who have been dedicated users of Mackie active speakers and compact mixers for many years,\" explained d.2 product manager John Boudreau. \"This group became a tremendously valuable resource for the d.2 development team. Their input, combined with our own analog design expertise, allowed us to make d.2 a true technology and value statement that we believe will set a new benchmark for two-channel DJ mixers.\"
Among the most notable innovations is the Mackie d.2\'s optional FireWire connectivity, which allows DJs to easily mix in mp3s directly from a laptop, or even record their sets directly into their computers. The optional FireWire card provides two stereo program channels into the mixer, as well as a single stereo output. In addition, every d.2 FireWire card ships with a copy of Mackie\'s easy-to-use Tracktion Music Production Software, which is compatible with both Windows and Macintosh systems.
Also an industry first is the inclusion of a revolutionary new contact-free, 45 mm digital cross fader from UK-based Infinium Technologies. In addition to lasting for an exceptionally long time, the contact-free crossfader provides DJs with unparalleled fingertip control, as well as the ability to personalize its \"feel\" with user-adjustable tension and cut-off points.
René Moolenaar, Business Development Director of Infinium Technologies, commented, \"We are very pleased that Mackie recognizes the potential of this technology and we\'re confident that DJs will truly appreciate the feel and durability of this fader.\"
Mackie d.2 Features:
- Premium Mackie-designed mic and turntable preamps with quiet, transparent sound quality
- XLR main outs with mic/line switch for easy stage integration (no D.I.s needed)
- Program and crossfader reverse switches and contour control knobs
- 3-band EQ per channel with dramatic cut filters and distinctive blue backlit knobs
- Two stereo program channels with CD, Phono/Line, and FireWire input select
- 3-position spring-loaded Transform switch with latching mode
- Flexible effects routing variable EFX send control
- Neutrik combo jack for XLR and Â¼-inch microphone connections
- Planet Earth power supply no need for power converters wherever your gig takes you