Fostex UR-2 SD card and USB memory card audio recorder
Fostex have released the brand new UR-2 stereo rack memory recorder, which records high quality audio to SD cards and USB pen drives. It will flexibly adapt to a wide variety of playback requirements, such as stage sound reproduction or as an installation playback device.
The main features of the Fostex UR-2 include:
- 2 x SD card slot and a USB host connector for alternate recording/playback between different media.
- Stereo or Mono WAV (BWF) recording to SD card (also SDHC) and USB storage device
- Fs: 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz, Quantization: 16/24bit
- Future software update will enable MP3 playback and recording (estimated availability within 2008)
- High speed file transfer with PC via USB 2.0 (bi-directional)
- Employing FAT32 format, it allows direct mounting of the recorded files to PC.
- Adapts to a wide variety of environments by offering “chain play” and “memory play”.
- “Timer play” and “power on play” enable automatic playback start, for chimes or repetitive announcements; a convenient feature in the installation audio industry.
- The play mode list employs CSV file format so that it is easy to edit by a text editor or spread sheet program.
- 99 Cue points with locate function. Waveform display in scrub mode offers easy and visual cue point setting
- Microphone input with P48V available on the front panel; not only for recording but for mixing with the playback source.
- Analog I/O with balanced XLR and un-balanced RCA pin jacks, Digital I/O with XLR connectors.
- High visibility LED display
- Remote transport control via Foot SW, Parallel remote port (D-sub 25pin) and RS-232C (D-sub 9pin)
- External USB keyboard can be used not only for file name editing but for transport controls such as REC and PLAY.
- DC power for convenient use at outdoor events and location recording.
Availability and Pricing:
The Fostex UR-2 is available now throughout SCV London’s dealer network. The RRP is £599.00 ex VAT.