Yamaha Artists News - September/ October 2008
As the festival season ends the touring season begins and Yamaha has lots of artists out on the road and coming to a venue near you. This along with a couple of choice album releases makes October a very tasty month!
YAMAHA IN YOUR EARS!
October sees some major album releases with heavyweights such as Oasis & Snow Patrol stepping up to the plate. Here are a couple of Yamaha favourites.
Keane - Perfect Symmetry
Keane already have two phenomenally successful albums under their belt. Their debut album ‘Hopes and Fears’ was the best selling British album in 2004 and their second album ‘Under the Iron Sea’ sold 220,000 copies in its first week of release in June 2006. So what can we expect from album no.3 ‘Perfect Symmetry? On a posting on their official website the band revealed that the album was recorded in Paris, Berlin, London and LA with each studio influencing their sound in different ways. Throwing the rule book out of the window they experimented with lots of different ideas so listen out for some new sounds from the band renowned for their beautiful melodies.
Richard Hughes plays a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute drum kit and Tim Rice-Oxley plays an original Yamaha CP70.
Losing Sun – Perspective
Since January 2006 Losing Sun have been touring extensively and the writing of their second album ‘Perspective’ has moved alongside the band’s busy touring schedule. The band went into the studio with ex Skindred duo Jeff and Ginge at the Not-In-Pull Studios where Bullet for My Valentine and Funeral for a Friend have also laid down tracks. Produced and engineered by this famous duo expect a newly evolved sound from the band pinned down with incredible drumming from Jayce Lewis. Matt Morgan completes the rhythm section on his BB615 bass. We also feel compelled to tell you that Losing Sun are managed by David Prowse (MBE). That’s right, the man who played Darth Vader and the Green Cross Code Man. How cool is that?!
YAMAHA IN YOUR FACE!
October sees the touring season start in earnest with a vast array of Yamaha artists hitting the road in the UK. Here’s just a few of them.
- Stevie Wonder – If you haven’t got your tickets sorted out yet to see the legendary man in action then do it immediately! Tickets are going fast to see Stevie perform from behind his Yamaha piano and Motif synths.
- Travis – The songsmiths are back! Go and enjoy their great tunes with Neil Primrose keeping the rhythm going on his Yamaha Maple Custom drums.
- Queen – Queen and Paul Rodgers are playing a stadium tour in October. Queen use Yamaha Silent Guitars and Brian May also plays a CJ32 acoustic guitar.
- Dirty Pretty Things – Gary Powell provides the power for the Indie rockers from behind his Oak Custom kit.
- The Blackout – The young welsh rockers are on the move. Check out drummer ‘Snoz’ on Yamaha Stage Custom drums.
- Feeder – One of the hardest hitting drummers in the UK and a favourite in the Round Up office, Mark Richardson powers his way through the tour on his Maple Custom Absolute kit.
- Glenn Tilbrook and the Fluffers – Glenn plays Yamaha acoustic guitars. His ‘Fluffers’ include Simon Hanson on Maple Custom Absolute Drums and Lucy Shaw on Yamaha basses. Glenn’s shows are always incredibly entertaining and he is still one of the best pop songwriters in the UK.
- Elbow – These kings of emotion are doing a number of dates in the UK including the Roundhouse in London. Richard Jupp provides the drive from his Maple Custom Absolute kit.
- Losing Sun – Along with their album release this month Losing Sun are hitting the road with US all female metal band ‘Kittie’. If you like it loud this is for you. Jayce Lewis plays Oak Custom with the loudest kick drums you will ever hear.
- Ralph McTell – One of the great story tellers in British music is celebrating 30 years on the road. The long time Yamaha guitarist is doing dates all around the UK.
- James Blunt – James is back with a new album and is doing a stadium tour in the UK in October. Take your girlfriend or your Mum or your girlfriend’s Mum – they’ll love it! James plays Yamaha pianos.
- The Ting Tings – They are still making their way around the UK playing their unique pop sound. Jules di Martino plays Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Drums.
- The Hoosiers – They kick off a mammoth tour in October. Alfonso plays Maple Custom Absolute Drums.
Yamaha FG 6 - String Gig Bag - Fitted. N.B. Gig bag picture is for illustrative purpose and may differ slightly from shown
Offered in the three most popular and widely used gauges, these strings are used by some of the most demanding and innovative players today. Gauges: 010, 013, 017, 026, 036, 046
A modest budget no longer means putting up with a second-rate instrument, as the C40 ably demonstrates. Spruce tops, mahogany-like meranti backs and sides and real rosewood fingerboards and bridges ensure that this guitar is blessed with a quality of tone and playability that belies its affordable price tags. The C40 comes with chrome tuners. Yamaha C40 Features Top:…
The Yamaha Audiogram 3 USB audio interface with Steinberg Cubase AI. Complete computer-based recording bundle for your Mac or PC. The Yamaha Audiogram 3 system has been carefully designed to make setting up your computer-based recording environment an absolute breeze. Coming as a complete kit, the AUDIOGRAM3 bundles together a hardware interface that adds audio inputs and outputs…
External bracket securely mounts any speaker cabinet with a flat bottom on an Ultimate tripod. (1-1/2 (38 mm) tube). Bracket is compatible with most speakers.
Measures 4"x6" (102mmx152mm)
All hardware included for installation.
BMB-200k glass-reinforced polycarbonate fitting holds 100 lbs. (45.5 kg).
We've had some customers buy the Yamaha FC-5 footswitch to use simply for the start/stop function, and they've been pleasantly surprised to find it also "unlocks" the sunstain feature they never knew their keyboard had.
Hugely versatile depending on the unit to which you connect this light-but-rugged Yamaha item (with the 1.2 meter cable and mono plug…
The Yamaha Audiogram 6 USB audio interface with Steinberg Cubase AI. Complete computer-based recording bundle for your Mac or PC. The Yamaha Audiogram 6 system has been carefully designed to make setting up your computer-based recording environment an absolute breeze. Coming as a complete kit, the AUDIOGRAM6 bundles together a hardware interface that adds audio inputs and…
Elegant footswitch similar to a piano sustain pedal. Mainly to be used as Sustain pedal, but freely assignable switch function depending on the product to be connected. 1.5 mtr cable with mono phone plug.
This new MG mixer is lighter and smaller than ever while offering some innovative new features. The MG102C is the ideal mixer for basic music production or live sound applications that require high sound quality from a relatively small number of input sources. This model is remarkably compact and lightweight, but no compromises have been made in sound quality. It even has built-in…
Integrated Solutions for Superior Live Sound Experienced musicians, performers, speakers, and club operators know the importance of a high-quality sound system with the right features and performance to deliver their sound. Where portability and convenience are important criteria, a system based on a high-performance Yamaha EMXseries…
Where portability and convenience are important criteria, a system based on a high-performance Yamaha EMX series powered mixer is definitely the way to go. In one integrated, portable unit you have a mixer to combine and balance your microphone, instrument, and line sources, effects to refine and polish your sound, and power to drive the main speakers and even monitor…
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic Guitar 650mm String Scale 100-118mm Body Depth 43mm Finger Board Width Diecast Chrome Peg Name Solid Sitka Spruce Top Nato Back and Sides Nato Neck Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
Left Handed Gloss finish, solid spruce top, cream body binding nato B&S. Generations of professional and amateur musicians remember – and still use – their first Yamaha FG. Now, Yamaha has found a way to apply innovative techniques developed for its high-end L-Series handcrafted models to improve tone and playability while maintaining outstanding value. The result: 15…
Yamaha FGX720SCA Features Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Back: Nato Side/Rib: Nato Neck: Nato Finger Board: Rosewood Bridge: Rosewood Body Depth: 100-118 mm (3 15/16"-4 5/8") Finger Board Width (Nut/Body): 43 mm (1 11/16") Peg Name: Diecast Chrome Pick Up System: System 55 1 way Strings Scale: 650 mm (25 9/16")
The FS series of guitars take their design from Yamaha’s flagship LS models. The grand auditorium design produces smooth, sweet sound with strong midrange and great presence and is perfect for finger picking styles. The FS720 features a Solid Sitka spruce top and nato back and sides alongside the premiums cosmetics of the FG720 – ultra thin finishes,…
A Functional, Attractive Piano Stand for Your Yamaha P85! The Yamaha L85 stand is a great platform for your Yamaha P85 digital piano. It's compatible with the optional LP5 pedal unit (sold separately). Features Compatible with Yamaha P85 digital piano Furniture-style stand Black
The new mid-range MG series mixers offer refined looks and features in a lighter, smaller package. The falls comfortably in the middle of the MG mixer lineup, and deliver sound quality and advanced features such as channel compression that is unrivalled in this class. You can buy the MG124CX with confidence for a wide range of amateur or professional applications, particually if…
The MW series USB Mixing Studios are high-level analogue mixing desks with an integrated USB interface to transfer digital audio data to and from a Windows or Mac PC. Since Steinberg's DAW software Cubase AI4 is included in the MW package you'll get the basic elements of a powerful Computer Music Production System that's easy to set up and easy…
This type of flexible expansion capability means, for example, that a Mini-YGDAI compliant console could be replaced with the latest model using the existing infrastructure and peripherals. Alternatively, the infrastructure could be updated with the latest digital network technology without having to change the console. Mini-YGDAI cards can give your system the most up-to-date capabilities for any application.…
Outstanding Tone, Outstanding Value – Play Harder with the Pacifica 112V. The class-leading Pacifica 112V combines player-focused, stage-ready spec with no-compromise construction and set-up to create the best value player’s guitar on the market. Pacifica 112V features a solid American Alder body and maple neck with rosewood fingerboard teamed up with custom designed Alnico pickups, a killer…