Yamaha Artists News - September/ October 2008
As the festival season ends the touring season begins and Yamaha has lots of artists out on the road and coming to a venue near you. This along with a couple of choice album releases makes October a very tasty month!
YAMAHA IN YOUR EARS!
October sees some major album releases with heavyweights such as Oasis & Snow Patrol stepping up to the plate. Here are a couple of Yamaha favourites.
Keane - Perfect Symmetry
Keane already have two phenomenally successful albums under their belt. Their debut album ‘Hopes and Fears’ was the best selling British album in 2004 and their second album ‘Under the Iron Sea’ sold 220,000 copies in its first week of release in June 2006. So what can we expect from album no.3 ‘Perfect Symmetry? On a posting on their official website the band revealed that the album was recorded in Paris, Berlin, London and LA with each studio influencing their sound in different ways. Throwing the rule book out of the window they experimented with lots of different ideas so listen out for some new sounds from the band renowned for their beautiful melodies.
Richard Hughes plays a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute drum kit and Tim Rice-Oxley plays an original Yamaha CP70.
Losing Sun – Perspective
Since January 2006 Losing Sun have been touring extensively and the writing of their second album ‘Perspective’ has moved alongside the band’s busy touring schedule. The band went into the studio with ex Skindred duo Jeff and Ginge at the Not-In-Pull Studios where Bullet for My Valentine and Funeral for a Friend have also laid down tracks. Produced and engineered by this famous duo expect a newly evolved sound from the band pinned down with incredible drumming from Jayce Lewis. Matt Morgan completes the rhythm section on his BB615 bass. We also feel compelled to tell you that Losing Sun are managed by David Prowse (MBE). That’s right, the man who played Darth Vader and the Green Cross Code Man. How cool is that?!
YAMAHA IN YOUR FACE!
October sees the touring season start in earnest with a vast array of Yamaha artists hitting the road in the UK. Here’s just a few of them.
- Stevie Wonder – If you haven’t got your tickets sorted out yet to see the legendary man in action then do it immediately! Tickets are going fast to see Stevie perform from behind his Yamaha piano and Motif synths.
- Travis – The songsmiths are back! Go and enjoy their great tunes with Neil Primrose keeping the rhythm going on his Yamaha Maple Custom drums.
- Queen – Queen and Paul Rodgers are playing a stadium tour in October. Queen use Yamaha Silent Guitars and Brian May also plays a CJ32 acoustic guitar.
- Dirty Pretty Things – Gary Powell provides the power for the Indie rockers from behind his Oak Custom kit.
- The Blackout – The young welsh rockers are on the move. Check out drummer ‘Snoz’ on Yamaha Stage Custom drums.
- Feeder – One of the hardest hitting drummers in the UK and a favourite in the Round Up office, Mark Richardson powers his way through the tour on his Maple Custom Absolute kit.
- Glenn Tilbrook and the Fluffers – Glenn plays Yamaha acoustic guitars. His ‘Fluffers’ include Simon Hanson on Maple Custom Absolute Drums and Lucy Shaw on Yamaha basses. Glenn’s shows are always incredibly entertaining and he is still one of the best pop songwriters in the UK.
- Elbow – These kings of emotion are doing a number of dates in the UK including the Roundhouse in London. Richard Jupp provides the drive from his Maple Custom Absolute kit.
- Losing Sun – Along with their album release this month Losing Sun are hitting the road with US all female metal band ‘Kittie’. If you like it loud this is for you. Jayce Lewis plays Oak Custom with the loudest kick drums you will ever hear.
- Ralph McTell – One of the great story tellers in British music is celebrating 30 years on the road. The long time Yamaha guitarist is doing dates all around the UK.
- James Blunt – James is back with a new album and is doing a stadium tour in the UK in October. Take your girlfriend or your Mum or your girlfriend’s Mum – they’ll love it! James plays Yamaha pianos.
- The Ting Tings – They are still making their way around the UK playing their unique pop sound. Jules di Martino plays Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Drums.
- The Hoosiers – They kick off a mammoth tour in October. Alfonso plays Maple Custom Absolute Drums.
A similar size to a ukulele, the GL1 plays just like a normal guitar with 6 nylon strings and standard guitar tuning intervals...but offers the size and tone of a ukulele. Yamaha Guitalele Ukulele Key Features: small Quart-quitar Measurements 450 mm Back and sides from mahogany Top from spruce incl. bag 17" scale…
Yamaha FG 6 - String Gig Bag - Fitted. N.B. Gig bag picture is for illustrative purpose and may differ slightly from shown
Yamaha FG700MS Features Solid Sitka Spruce Top Nato Back and Sides Nato Neck Rosewood Bridge and Fingerboard 650mm String Scale 100-118mm Body Depth 43mm Fingerboard Width
A modest budget no longer means putting up with a second-rate instrument, as the C40 ably demonstrates. Spruce tops, mahogany-like meranti backs and sides and real rosewood fingerboards and bridges ensure that this guitar is blessed with a quality of tone and playability that belies its affordable price tags. The C40 comes with chrome tuners. Yamaha C40 Features Top:…
We've had some customers buy the Yamaha FC-5 footswitch to use simply for the start/stop function, and they've been pleasantly surprised to find it also "unlocks" the sunstain feature they never knew their keyboard had.
Hugely versatile depending on the unit to which you connect this light-but-rugged Yamaha item (with the 1.2 meter cable and mono plug…
The Yamaha Audiogram 3 USB audio interface with Steinberg Cubase AI. Complete computer-based recording bundle for your Mac or PC. The Yamaha Audiogram 3 system has been carefully designed to make setting up your computer-based recording environment an absolute breeze. Coming as a complete kit, the AUDIOGRAM3 bundles together a hardware interface that adds audio inputs and outputs…
Left Handed Gloss finish, solid spruce top, cream body binding nato B&S. Generations of professional and amateur musicians remember – and still use – their first Yamaha FG. Now, Yamaha has found a way to apply innovative techniques developed for its high-end L-Series handcrafted models to improve tone and playability while maintaining outstanding value. The result: 15…
Hard case for the APX Series guitars.
The Yamaha Audiogram 6 USB audio interface with Steinberg Cubase AI. Complete computer-based recording bundle for your Mac or PC. The Yamaha Audiogram 6 system has been carefully designed to make setting up your computer-based recording environment an absolute breeze. Coming as a complete kit, the AUDIOGRAM6 bundles together a hardware interface that adds audio inputs and…
Where portability and convenience are important criteria, a system based on a high-performance Yamaha EMX series powered mixer is definitely the way to go. In one integrated, portable unit you have a mixer to combine and balance your microphone, instrument, and line sources, effects to refine and polish your sound, and power to drive the main speakers and even monitor…
Elegant footswitch similar to a piano sustain pedal. Mainly to be used as Sustain pedal, but freely assignable switch function depending on the product to be connected. 1.5 mtr cable with mono phone plug.
Footcontroller to be used with many of Yamaha´s Synthesizers, Keyboards, Digital Pianos or other equipment. 1.5 mtr cable with stereo phone plug. Depending on the product, it can be assigned or used to control any parameter like volume, filter, tremolo speed or others...
External bracket securely mounts any speaker cabinet with a flat bottom on an Ultimate tripod. (1-1/2 (38 mm) tube). Bracket is compatible with most speakers.
Measures 4"x6" (102mmx152mm)
All hardware included for installation.
BMB-200k glass-reinforced polycarbonate fitting holds 100 lbs. (45.5 kg).
Integrated Solutions for Superior Live Sound Experienced musicians, performers, speakers, and club operators know the importance of a high-quality sound system with the right features and performance to deliver their sound. Where portability and convenience are important criteria, a system based on a high-performance Yamaha EMXseries…
Availability:Call 0844 815 0888
It is remarkably compact and portable for a live sound system with this much capability, but offers performance and reliability that will satisfy the discerning professional user either on the road or in installed applications. And thanks to leading Yamaha digital technology, the EMX5016CF also includes a number of innovations that make it easier than ever to achieve top-class sound…
With the power for mid-to-large venues – 500 watts + 500 watts – and the added advantage of one-knob compression on mono channels, the EMX512SC may be the model you need. Experienced musicians, performers, speakers, and club operators know the importance of a high-quality sound system with the right features and performance to deliver their sound. Where portability and convenience…
Yamaha FG700S Features
Solid Sitka Spruce Top.
Nato Back and Sides.
Black / White Body Binding.
High Gloss Natural Finish.
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic Guitar 650mm String Scale 100-118mm Body Depth 43mm Finger Board Width Diecast Chrome Peg Name Solid Sitka Spruce Top Nato Back and Sides Nato Neck Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
This type of flexible expansion capability means, for example, that a Mini-YGDAI compliant console could be replaced with the latest model using the existing infrastructure and peripherals. Alternatively, the infrastructure could be updated with the latest digital network technology without having to change the console. Mini-YGDAI cards can give your system the most up-to-date capabilities for any application.…
Mouthpiece for Alto Sax. With this mouthpiece it's easy to obtain a balanced, clear, and focused tone in any octave. Ideal for professionals and beginners. The Yamaha Custom Ebonite mouthpieces come in a wide range of sizes and configurations. …
Availability:Call 0844 815 0888