Arturia, in partnership with IRCAM, announces Brass
Arturia and IRCAM (Institute for Music/Acoustic Research and Coordination -www.ircam.fr) have announced Brass, a software recreation of three wind instruments - a trumpet, a saxophone and a trombone - based on physical models. All the characteristics of the real instruments have been analyzed and modeled through mathematical algorithms.
After five years of research at IRCAM, the models have reached a point where it would be hard for anyone to distinguish the original instruments from their software counterparts. Indeed, Brass allows you to play these instruments like experienced performers would - with the same control, the same flexibility and the same expression.
Brass can be used as a stand-alone software or as a virtual instrument for Windows and MacOS X. It comes loaded with more than 40 instrument presets and offers a large library of more than 1000 pre-written riffs in different musical styles. These riffs have been made by a selection of the most famous designers and arrangers in the industry.
- Virtual instrument playable through a MIDI keyboard.
- Three instruments available : Trumpet, Saxophone,
- Trombone 8 parameters to control the instruments in real time :
Pitch (for legatos, falls or expressivity)
Timbre of the instruments
Noise amount in the instrument sound
Position of the instrument toward the microphone
- Mute (for trumpet and trombone)
- Total MIDI control of each parameter through powerful settings, control sense and hardness.
- Independent automation of each parameter via a dedicated control window.
- Configuration of the instruments : 4 attack and 4 vibrato types, material, humanization.
- More than 1000 riff presets in all music styles.
- Easy and fast searching of riffs with the preset explorer.
- Up to 4 simultaneous instruments in a riff.
- Editable length, tempo and tune of each riff.
- Riff editing with the zoomable piano roll and independent parameter editing.
- Powerful editing options : solo, mute, 8 drawing tools.
- Import and export riff presets from and to MIDIfiles.
- Live playing of several riffs with the keyboard.
- Chorus mode for all instruments, up to 4 instruments unison section.
- Spatialization of the instruments in a configurable room.