M-Audio Releases ProFire 610
New M-Audio ProFire 610 Audio Interface Delivers Superior Sound and Flexibility in a Compact Package
M-Audio, a leading provider of creative tools for musicians, today unveiled the ProFire™ 610 FireWire audio interface, which extends the legacy of the best-selling FireWire 410.
M-Audio created the ProFire 610 audio interface using many of the same design elements found in the flagship ProFire 2626 interface—in response to demand from customers who need a compact unit with advanced functionality and pristine audio quality. Now users can harness the power of 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution, M-Audio® Octane™ preamp technology and onboard DSP mixing in a bus-powered unit ready to withstand any road environment.
The flexible ProFire 610 audio interface was designed to facilitate the needs of diverse musicians and producers. Two preamps with award-winning Octane technology offer clean, transparent sound with exceptionally low distortion—ideal for recording tracks in the studio. Multiple analog and digital connection options enable DJs and electronic musicians to use the ProFire 610 interface as the centerpiece of an elaborate live performance rig.
The onboard DSP mixer allows producers and musicians to create multiple, independent monitor mixes. Simultaneous 6 x 10 I/O gives sound designers and video editors the ability to create 7.1 surround sound mixes in full 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution. The rugged, well-built metal chassis allows users to take ProFire 610 on the road for mobile music production. By combining these professional, studio-grade tools in a half-rack-space unit, ProFire 610 delivers a powerful recording experience.
“The ProFire 610 is an unbeatable choice for mobile music production,” said Adam Castillo, marketing director at M-Audio. “It features the high-end components and superior sound quality of the ProFire 2626 in a portable, bus-powered package—transforming any Mac or PC into a powerful 6-in/10-out recording studio.”
ProFire 610 Features:
- up to 24-bit/192kHz for high-definition audio
- flexible onboard DSP mixer
- 2 preamps with award-winning M-Audio Octane technology
73dB gain range*
48V phantom power
20dB pad on each preamp
signal/peak LED indicator lights
- 6 unique inputs including:
2 XLR/TS combo jacks for mics or instrument level inputs
2 ¼” TRS balanced line inputs
stereo S/PDIF in
- 10 unique outputs including:
8 ¼” TRS balanced line outs
stereo S/PDIF out
- 2 ¼” TRS headphone outputs with independent volume controls
- built-in 1 x 1 MIDI interface
- 2 FireWire (IEEE 1394) ports
- JetPLL jitter elimination technology for stable synchronization
- standalone operation as 2 mic pre/2-channel A/D-D/A converter
- user-assignable master volume knob for total control over output levels
- powered via FireWire bus or external power supply
- half-rack-space form factor fits in Universal Rack Tray
- compatible with most major audio software
For comprehensive product information, visit www.maudio.co.uk/ProFire610.
*Including 20dB pad.