Competition Rules of Entry
1. Entry into any Competition may only be made in accordance with the specified instructions for the Competition.
2. Unless otherwise stated, entrants may make as many entries to a Competition as they wish.
3. Where postal entries are permitted only those carrying correct postage will be accepted and they must arrive no later than first post on the published closing date for the Competition. Entries received after this time and entries delivered by hand will not be accepted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or mislaid.
4. In the case of entry by means other than post, no responsibility or liability will be accepted for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmision will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
5. Employees of Dolphin Music, their agents or their families may not enter any Competition. Employees of any Dolphin Music partners or associates involved with the running of a particular Competition, their agents or their families may not enter that Competition. Dolphin Music’s decision as to eligibility will be final.
6. In pay-to-enter Competitions each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee paid in accordance with the instructions published in conjunction with each Competition. In the absence of any specific instruction payment may be made only by bank or building society cheque or postal order.
7. All entries, photographs, and other material submitted as part of a Competition entry shall become the property of Dolphin Music and in submitting such material the entrant grants Dolphin Music a licence to reproduce it. Dolphin Music has the right to publish such material in whole or in party or use it in any way without the permission of the entrant or payment for such use but subject always to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
8. Unless otherwise stated, Dolphin Music accepts no responsibility for the return of entries, photographs or other personal effects or for loss or damage to such items. Where Dolphin Music offers to return entries, they must be accompanied by a suitable self-addressed envelope together with the appropriate postage. Under no circumstances does Dolphin Music accept responsibility for the safe return of any material or its return in an undamaged condition or any liability for loss of or damage to such material.
9. Except where it is expressly stated that all Competition entries will be examined and the prize or prizes will be awarded to the entry/entries that the judges consider to be the best or that some other mechanism will be applied, the winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the Competition closes from the total entries submitted. Other prizes will be awarded in accordance with the order of priority stated in the rules of the specified Competition.
10. Dolphin Music reserve the right to change the rules applicable to any Competition or to void any Competition at any time and for any reason. In the event that any Competition is so voided, all entries fees will be returned.
11. In the event of an error of any nature howsoever caused and whether obvious or otherwise which affects a Competition in any way, Dolphin Music reserve the right to administer the Competition as though the error had not occurred. Where Dolphin Music deem it appropriate and/or feasible they will notify entrants of the error via a suitable medium.
12. Where necessary in order to determine an outright winner or winners to a Competition, Dolphin Music reserve the right to request entrants to take part in an eliminating contest (or ‘tie Breaker’). Where for any reason there are more winners than prizes on offer Dolphin Music reserve the right to conduct a simple draw to determine the winner or winners of the prizes.
13. Unless otherwise stated, entry to all Competitions in restricted to entrants of 18 years of age or over, resident in the UK.
14. Where competitors are required to enter in one of several age categories, their category shall be that appropriate to their age on the closing date of the Competition. An entrant is assumed to be of a certain age up to and including the day prior to his or her next birthday.
15. No correspondence can be entered into on any matters arising from any Competition.
16. Names of winners and results of Competitions will be available on receipt of a request enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope and may be published in relevant Dolphin Music publications or websites as space permits.
17. Unless specifically stated otherwise, prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative to prizes will be offered.
18. If the winner of a Competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason or in the event that time is of the essence and a winner cannot be contacted by Dolphin Music within a reasonable period Dolphin Music reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
19. Each winner must co-operate with Dolphin Music to publicise the win, including the availability/shooting of photography, as Dolphin Music deems appropriate.
20. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Dolphin Music reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
21. Dolphin Music’s decisions are final in all matters concerning a Competition. It is a condition of entry to any Competition that the entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules whether or not they are published in relation to a specified Competition and that the decisions of Dolphin Music and their judges on any matter whatsoever arising out of or connected with the Competition are final.