Digidesign Launches Free Transfuser Preview
Digidesign is excited to introduce the Transfuser™ Preview — a free three-month prerelease version of Transfuser, a brand new, upcoming RTAS® virtual instrument plug-in for Pro Tools® from the Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research (A.I.R.) group.
Transfuser is an innovative, real-time loop, phrase, and groove creation workstation that allows you to quickly and easily create, manipulate, and perform loop- and rhythm-based music on the fly. Ideal for electronic, hip-hop, and dance music production, remixing, and anyone working with loops, Transfuser comes packed with a variety of loops and phrases to get you started creating right away. It also offers a great way to quickly and easily modify your existing loop libraries to breathe new life into your creations.
“[Transfuser's] just amazing...really incredible! It looks infinitely expandable...you can get really deep into it.” - Ken Jordan (The Crystal Method)
- Easily develop and tweak grooves on the fly within Pro Tools
- Offers unique tools for working with audio files, including:
- Real-time slicing and tagging of loops
- Automatic conversion of loops into
- MIDI patterns/drum kits
- Sound replacement in existing loops on the fly
- Musically intelligent randomization of loops for instantly crafting variations on a whim
- Offers a wide range of real-time effects for electronic, hip-hop, and dance music creation
- Includes a variety of loops and phrases, and breathes new life into existing loop libraries
- Supports full drag and drop of Pro Tools regions and audio files from your computer browser
- Powerful live performance-oriented features allow for both creative arranging and performing of grooves
Q & A
Q. Is the Transfuser Preview the same as what will be in the final version of Transfuser?
A. The Transfuser Preview is very similar to the final version, but it is important to note that it is not
a final build of the instrument plug-in. The Transfuser Preview may have bugs that will be fixed in
the final version, and will only include about 200 MB worth of loop and audio content, whereas
the final version of the plug-in is expected to include closer to 2 GB worth of loop and audio
Q. Will Transfuser run standalone?
A. No. Transfuser is an RTAS virtual instrument and, therefore, requires a current Pro Tools system
to run (Pro Tools 7.0 or higher software).
Q. Is Transfuser available for pre-order, and when will it start shipping?
A. Transfuser is not yet available for ordering. The list price for the final version will be £165/¤220;
we will communicate other pricing and shipping details once this information becomes available.
Q. How do I get an NFR copy of Transfuser to install in my in-store Pro Tools demo system?
A. We will provide details about the Transfuser NFR program once this information becomes
available. In the meantime, dealers may download the free Transfuser Preview and install it on
their in-store Pro Tools systems to demo the product.
- Digidesign-qualified Pro Tools|HD, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered system running Pro
Tools 7.0 or higher software
- iLok USB Smart Key (plus, Internet access and a free iLok.com account for authorisation)