0151 448 2080
Order by phone - Mon-Fri: 9:00AM-6:00PM

Select CurrencyYour Basket 0 items | £ 0.00 Checkout

Can't wait to try? why not visit one of our 14 PMT House of Rock sister stores

Customer Advice For Sound Control / Turnkey Clients

Published: Thu May 01, 2008  News Feed

We hope this goes some way towards helping customers who have outstanding orders, and if your query isn't answered below, or you would just like more advice please call (0844 815 0888) or email us HERE

If you made any payments such as a deposit by credit card, or by credit arranged with the supplier, and the cost of the goods or services in dispute is more than £100 and less than £30000, the credit company may be equally liable. This will not apply if payment was made with a debit card such as switch or delta, (Although VISA DEBIT cutomers MAY be able to - see HERE) where the money comes directly from your bank account.  If you have paid in full or part with cash, you would need to contact Sound Control or Turnkey respectively and look to cancel and receive a refund, if unwilling, you may wish to recoup other goods to the value of you payment.
Administration and liquidation are the most common legal procedures if a company has gone out of business but there are other legal procedures that could have happened. If the company you were dealing with is not in administration or liquidation, you will need to consult an experienced adviser, for example, at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have paid a deposit for goods that are not delivered or services that are not carried out because an administrator has been appointed, you are entitled to ask for your deposit returned. You should write to the administrator or liquidator enclosing proof such as a receipt, cheque stub or credit card voucher and keep a copy of your letter. However, you will only get your deposit back if the company has enough assets to pay you, which could be unlikely.
If the goods you ordered have been earmarked for you by, you are entitled to have them and should contact the administrator or liquidator to prevent them from being sold. If not, you may be able to negotiate with the administrator or receiver to sell you the goods, but you can't insist that this happens. You are unlikely to be given a guarantee, but may wish to accept the goods and pay the balance, if they are covered by a manufacturer's guarantee.
As the company is now in administration, in relation to goods or services that are faulty, the administrator may arrange for the fault to be put right, for example, have the goods repaired or the work remedied or completed. You should contact the administrator to see if this is possible, but cannot insist. If the administrator refuses, you will find it difficult to enforce your rights, as there are unlikely to be sufficient assets to pay compensation.

If the company has been sold as a going concern, you will have to negotiate with the new owner, who will take over the company's assets but may not assume its liabilities. You may not be able to enforce a guarantee or maintenance agreement but the new owner may agree to honour the guarantee or agreement if it appears beneficial to do so.
Goods held by the Sound Control & Turnkey
If your goods are being held by a company, for example awaiting a repair, you have a right to have them returned. You should write to the administrator or liquidator asking for their immediate return and for an undertaking that they will be kept safe until returned. 

You can find further information here:

Please select your country/region

Choose the region you are shopping from to view products in your currency.

We have temporarily suspended processing of EUR payments, all orders will be charged in GBP.

Please select your country/region

Choose the region you are shopping from to view products in your currency.