Allen & Heath Releases The Revolutionary Xone 4D controller
Improving on the revolutionary Xone 3D wouldn't be an easy job, but Allen & Heath have done it: the Xone 4D is an even more stunningly versatile combination of a sophisticated 4-channel DJ mixer, a totally new high quality multi-channel usb 2.0 soundcard and a very comprehensive MIDI control surface, packaged together in sleek but rugged Allen & Heath style.
The Xone 4D has your typical Allen & Heath mixer layout, so it brings you the DJing experience only found in the Xone series - vcf filters, lfo's et al. The featured MIDI control surface has a total of 225 mappable controls, spread across two layers.
The mixer comes with drivers for both pc & mac operation, and offers amazing dj style control over pro-tools, ableton, traktor and pretty much any MIDI compatible software out there. Dedicated faders and jog wheels for software use, mean you can control track in a very natural manner for the dj. The impressive usb 2.0 audio interface has 4 stereo inputs, and 4 stereo outputs with digital in and out too.
Of course, the most noticeable visible element about the Xone 4D is the new style. The Xone 4D has been developed in response to many people’s requests for panels which are easier to read in low light (all the white screening is in Ultra Violet sensitive paint, which glows when exposed to UV light), and for the Xone design to become more stylish and representative of contemporary design.
Not only will it deliver 24bit / 96khz quality audio and recording, it is suitable for use with digital vinyl systems, such as mixvibes. With a newly refined bpm counter and 8 extra soundcard configuration switches and a unique real-time LFO waveform edit function, 12 faders, 2 jog wheels, 50 switches and a Xone style four channel mixer in the middle, all on top of the aforementioned specifications, the Xone 4D is without doubt a superb piece of gear and the most revolutionary dj mixer yet!
- Totally new USB2 soundcard
- 24bit/96kHz capability
- Drivers available for both PC and Mac
- 4 stereo outputs plus digital out
- 4 stereo inputs plus digital in
- 8 extra soundcard configuration switches remove the need for the desktop configuration utility of the :3D
- Ability to switch FX2 RCA sockets to be recording outputs
- Unique real-time LFO waveform edit function
- Dual layer control surface with control snapshot allows 225 mappable MIDI controls across the two layers.
- Updated mixer circuitry
- Improved BPM detection system
- Heavy duty chassis and front panel