VOX presents...The Satchurator™ distortion pedal
Drawing on Joe Satriani’s knowledge accumulated from decades of groundbreaking performances, both live and in the studio, VOX unveils a breakthrough in guitar tone – The Satchurator™ distortion pedal.
Of course, you don't even need to be a Satriani fan to enjoy this pedal - it's versatility and analog tones have much to offer to any discerning guitarist...let's not forget that Joe Satriani and Kurt Cobain were known to use the same pedal - Boss DS-1 - and yet their styles couldn't sound more different!
Designed to Satriani’s exact specifications. The Satchurator produces Satriani’s signature tone and adds new features and improvements never before combined in a distortion pedal.
After almost a year of painstaking experimentation and road testing, Satriani and the VOX R&D team discovered the secrets to capturing the ultimate distortion tone in a modern-day pedal. The Satchurator is capable of very high gain levels, but operates more quietly and musically than other modern distortion pedals.
It also preserves the tone and pick-attack of the guitarist plugging into it, regardless of style, from subtly distorted blues tones through classic rock and shred. The result is a professional-quality pedal that recaptures sought-after vintage and modern sounds in a powerful, versatile and extremely musical pedal design.
“The Satchurator is the most musical, most dynamic, multi-function distortion pedal I’ve ever played through,” says Satriani. “This little red box is a monster tone generator. Following my specifications without compromise, and adding design innovations I never thought possible, the Vox team has delivered exactly what I need for the stage as well as the studio: a distortion pedal that responds to my touch, and produces a big, natural, harmonically rich tone compatible with any guitar/pedal/amp configuration.”
Additional Images (click to enlarge):
- Analog distortion pedal designed under the complete supervision of Joe Satriani
- Controls for Gain, Tone and Volume
- ‘More’ gain boost switch enables two footswitchable distortion sounds in one pedal. This gain boost is dramatic when gain knob is set low, and is a subtle solo boost when gain knob is set to maximum.
- ‘Pad’ switch maximizes dynamics and tone with bright guitars and/or effects (such as wah) placed before the distortion.
- High gain, low noise design provides vintage to modern distortion sounds
- Dynamic circuit is highly responsive to rolling off the guitar’s volume and preserves the guitar’s high end when the volume is rolled off.
- Cream chicken head knobs for precise positioning and high visibility on dark stages
- Controls: Gain, Tone, Volume, On/Off Switch, ‘More’ Switch, Pad Switch
- In/Outputs: _” Input, _” Output
- Dimensions: 143(W) x 121(D) x 57.5(H)mm/5.63’
(W) x 4.76’(D) x 14.61’(H)
- Weight: 600g (excluding batteries)/1.32 lbs.
- Power: One 9V Battery or AC adapter (not included)
PRODUCT EXPECTED TO ARRIVE THIS SUMMER
Drawing on Joe Satriani’s knowledge accumulated from decades of groundbreaking performances, both live and in the studio, VOX unveils a breakthrough in guitar tone – The Satchurator™ distortion pedal. Designed to Satriani’s exact specifications. The Satchurator produces Satriani’s signature tone and adds new features and improvements never before combined in a distortion pedal. After…
Availability:Call 0844 815 0888