VOX presents...The Satchurator™ distortion pedal
Drawing on Joe Satriani’s knowledge accumulated from decades of groundbreaking performances, both live and in the studio, VOX unveils a breakthrough in guitar tone – The Satchurator™ distortion pedal.
Of course, you don't even need to be a Satriani fan to enjoy this pedal - it's versatility and analog tones have much to offer to any discerning guitarist...let's not forget that Joe Satriani and Kurt Cobain were known to use the same pedal - Boss DS-1 - and yet their styles couldn't sound more different!
Designed to Satriani’s exact specifications. The Satchurator produces Satriani’s signature tone and adds new features and improvements never before combined in a distortion pedal.
After almost a year of painstaking experimentation and road testing, Satriani and the VOX R&D team discovered the secrets to capturing the ultimate distortion tone in a modern-day pedal. The Satchurator is capable of very high gain levels, but operates more quietly and musically than other modern distortion pedals.
It also preserves the tone and pick-attack of the guitarist plugging into it, regardless of style, from subtly distorted blues tones through classic rock and shred. The result is a professional-quality pedal that recaptures sought-after vintage and modern sounds in a powerful, versatile and extremely musical pedal design.
“The Satchurator is the most musical, most dynamic, multi-function distortion pedal I’ve ever played through,” says Satriani. “This little red box is a monster tone generator. Following my specifications without compromise, and adding design innovations I never thought possible, the Vox team has delivered exactly what I need for the stage as well as the studio: a distortion pedal that responds to my touch, and produces a big, natural, harmonically rich tone compatible with any guitar/pedal/amp configuration.”
Additional Images (click to enlarge):
- Analog distortion pedal designed under the complete supervision of Joe Satriani
- Controls for Gain, Tone and Volume
- ‘More’ gain boost switch enables two footswitchable distortion sounds in one pedal. This gain boost is dramatic when gain knob is set low, and is a subtle solo boost when gain knob is set to maximum.
- ‘Pad’ switch maximizes dynamics and tone with bright guitars and/or effects (such as wah) placed before the distortion.
- High gain, low noise design provides vintage to modern distortion sounds
- Dynamic circuit is highly responsive to rolling off the guitar’s volume and preserves the guitar’s high end when the volume is rolled off.
- Cream chicken head knobs for precise positioning and high visibility on dark stages
- Controls: Gain, Tone, Volume, On/Off Switch, ‘More’ Switch, Pad Switch
- In/Outputs: _” Input, _” Output
- Dimensions: 143(W) x 121(D) x 57.5(H)mm/5.63’
(W) x 4.76’(D) x 14.61’(H)
- Weight: 600g (excluding batteries)/1.32 lbs.
- Power: One 9V Battery or AC adapter (not included)
PRODUCT EXPECTED TO ARRIVE THIS SUMMER