TASCAM Win TEC Award - ‘Best Recording Device 2007’
We have always known that the DVRA1000HD stereo recorder was a truly outstanding unit but now it seems that the rest of the world has discovered this as well.
"TASCAM shattered the price barrier for recording Direct Stream Digital audio (known by audiophiles as the ultimate in audio quality) with the DV-RA1000HD, We're honored to have been chosen by Mix Magazine voters as well as our professional studio and mastering customers around the world. We will continue to innovate and provide high-quality recording products like the DV-RA1000HD for the pro audio market." Says Jeff Laity of TASCAM.
The DV-RA1000HD records to hard disk, DVD or CD media at several high-end recording resolutions:
- Up to 192kHz recording at 24-bit resolution
- Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio recording, the format developed by Sony for Super Audio CD, records at 2.822MHz/1-bit
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog I/O converts at all recording resolutions including DSD
- Internal 80GB hard drive for hours of recording time
- DVD+RW drive for high-res DVD and standard CD recording
- AES/EBU, S/PDIF, SDIFF-3 and DSD-RAW digital I/O
- Standard WAVE and DSDIFF file format recording for compatibility with workstations like Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, SONAR, DP and others
- Multi band compression, 3-band EQ and fade in/out mastering effects
- ±6% pitch control
- USB 2.0 connection to PC for use as DVD data drive
- RS-232C serial and wired remote control
The Tascam DV-RA1000 recorder has been joined by the DV-RA1000HD. The new model supports recording to CD, DVD or hard disk media at up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution, or using Sony's revolutionary Direct Stream Digital format.
Like its sibling, it includes DSP for EQ and dynamics processing, USB 2.0 connection to a computer and a rear panel…