Coming Soon in 2008 - Pacemaker, the Future of DJing!
The world’s first pocket-size DJ system, the Pacemaker genuinely has the potential to revolutionise the world of DJing and is set to be one of the most important releases of 2008!
This patent pending device, Pacemaker®, is the world’s first pocket-size DJ system – a superior portable music player enabling the playing of two tracks simultaneously, equipped with an extensive range of professional audio manipulation features allowing for creative mixing between two independent channels. Any mix created can be saved for legal sharing.
If it only played music, it would be pretty well specced, with a 120GB hard drive, support for MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG Vorbis, FLAC and WAV, with an 18 hour playback time.
The twist here is the DJ functionality, which gives you nearly everything you would get in full sized setup. Crossfaders for both headphones and line out, pitch bend, cue and loop controls and the inevitable sound FX for cheesy wedding discos.
It will also record your mixes right back to the hard drive and upload to the Pacemaker website, in what could become a kind of YouTube for DJs.
Ffor DJs without enough groupies to carry their heavy record boxes, the Pacemaker will be a must!
Love and devotion
Pacemaker Device is in perfect sync with Pacemaker Editor, the cross-platform computer application. All mixes created on any of the two is transferable to the other, as playable and editable mixes in both platforms – meaning that you can bring any mix anywhere, and continue mixing, adjusting and refining as you like.
Pacemaker Device & Editor supports the following audio formats:
- MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps)
- MP3 VBR
- AAC (8 to 256 Kbps)
Body and soul
Pacemaker Device packs professional DJ functionality through its two independent input channels and its two separate output jacks; lineout and headphones, with respective separate crossfaders.
Interface Demo on You Tube:
View more Pacemaker videos here.
Download product info (.pdf)
Pacemaker premiere edition features include:
- Pitch control ±100%
- DJ pause
- Cue and cue point search
- Equalizer for adjusting treble, mid, and bass per channel
- Master equalizer-profiles
- Gain adjustment per channel
- Loop in- and out-points per track
- Reverse playback per track
- Audio effects and filters: Hi-cut/Lo-cut, Roll, Delay, Reverb
- Independent master and headphone volume.
Pacemaker Editor enables limitless creative possibilities via an intuitive interface tailor-made for desktop mix production. The creative tools are fully compatible with those of Pacemaker Device. Pacemaker Editor will be available to download for free in December.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- OSX (10.4.4 Tiger and 10.5.x Leopard).
Thick and thin
We will continuously offer free software upgrades for Pacemaker Device and Editor via Pacemaker.net. Upgrades enabling the following features will be offered post launch:
- Time stretch (Master tempo)
- Vinyl mode
- Additional audio effects and filters
- Additional language support
- Line-in support
- S/PDIF out (digital out) support
- Functionality for custom configuration of parameters, filters and audio effects
- Functionality for customized master equalizer profiles.
Kiss and make up
In December we are launching Pacemaker music community – a meeting place, a hotspot, a centrifuge and melting pot for music inspiration. Mixes created on Pacemaker Device and/or Editor can be uploaded via the Editor for publishing onto the community and be listened to by any and all with an Internet connection.
By sharing our music taste with each other, we hope to bring us all closer to the music we love – and closer to the music we don’t yet know we can’t live without.
In The Box
- Quick start guide
- Stereo amplifier cables
- USB 2.0 cable
- Power charger
Size & Weight
- L/W/H: 164/69.6/22.8 mm.
- Weight: 200 g (approx.)
- 120 GB hard drive
Input & Output
- Mini USB
- 2x3.5 mm stereo plug
Power & Battery
- Exchangeable rechargeable battery; full-charge time: 1,5 h, fast-charge time: about 1 h
- Music playback time: 18 h
- DJ operating time: 5 h
- Dimensions: ø 45 mm
- Resolution: 166 dpi screen resolution (0.153 mm dot pitch)
- TFT display with 262 K colours
- Frequency response: 20–20.000 Hz (SNR: 103 dB)
- Audio formats supported: MP3 AAC, WMA (128–320 Kbps), WMA Lossless, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, WAV
- Two output channels: headphones and lineout
- Two crossfaders: headphones and lineout
- Pitch control: ± 100%
- Equalizer: for adjusting treble, mid and bass amplitudes.
- Mix saving: continuous caption to hard drive.
- User Input latency: approx. 5 ms
- Mac with USB 2.0 port; Pacemaker® music client installed
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later
- PC with USB 2.0 port; Pacemaker® music client installed
- Windows XP Home or Professional or Windows Vista
- Operating temperature: 0–55°C
- Storage temperature: -20–55°C
- Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish. (Additional language support: Bulgarian, Croatian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, and Ukrainian.
Release date: February 2008. The revolution is coming...