Yamaha Brass & Woodwind Live Experience
Spread the news to your friends and family, this is an event worth shouting!
- Live appearances by one of the UK's leading Saxophone session players - Simon Bates at 10am / 12pm / 2pm & 4pm
- Thinking about taking up the Sax or Clarinet ? Are you already learning but would like to pick up some useful tips? Then book a 1-2-1 session with Simon. We are holding sessions throughout the day. We expect these to be really popular so phone us NOW on 01484 427455 to book your place on this unique and special opportunity.
- Free Brass & woodwind advice from Yamaha Expert Julian Edwards and the Dolphin Sales crew.
- Prize draw! Everyone attending the event will be entered into a draw for a chance to win a £200 voucher which can be cashed in on a Yamaha Brass or Woodwind Instrument.
- Web Prices all day in-store!
- 10% discount off all brass & woodwind music books & accessories.
- Launch of our `Pay As You Play' Brass & Woodwind Rental scheme.
- Part exchange deals available.
(Click to Enlarge)
About Simon Bates
Simon took up the clarinet at the age of eight, and started playing the saxophone at 14. At the Colchester Institute, whilst studying for a classical music degree, he turned to jazz and improvised music and went on to the Guildhall School of Music where he gained a Postgraduate Advanced Certificate in Jazz and Studio Music and an LGSM Performance Diploma.
Professor of Saxophone for the Royal Marines, Simon Bates is known and respected by anyone with a knowledge of saxophone players due to his stylistic versatility and instrumental prowess. Musical Director and saxophonist for Rick Astley's forthcoming tour and relaunch, Simon is in great demand on the London session scene - his playing features on countless adverts, film scores, TV theme tunes and pop records. Simon has appeared live and recorded with a wide variety of bands and musicians including Elvis Costello, Lulu, Billy Ocean, Rick Wakeman, D:Ream, Chaka Khan, Emma Bunton, Seal and Peter Erskine. He has performed around the world in a wide variety of settings from the QE2 and Eiffel Tower to Ronnie Scotts and the Jazz Cafe.
Simon appears frequently on television in programmes such as "Johnny Vaughan Tonight" of which he is Musical Director, the Thames TV production "Sextasy" and was featured on Channel 4’s Big Breakfast every Friday. Some of Simon’s compositions have recently appeared on the ITV show "This Morning" and on the Discovery Channel. He has also written many advertising jingles, a multitude of library music, commissions from other bands and musicians and cues for all television networks.
Simon’s extraordinary ability to play virtually any instrument in the woodwind family plus windsynth and percussion in any style has led to regular appearances in West-End shows such as "Starlight Express", "Follies", "Chicago" and "Jesus Christ Superstar". He is a member of Britain’s finest party band Zig Zag and plays for many of the world’s top corporate events. He also appears backing cabaret and variety acts including Fay Presto’s Presto Pack and The Divas. Simon performs with the Frank Zappa tribute band the Zappatistas and many other bands on the jazz and pop scene.
Simon Bates is an official endorsee of Yamaha Custom Saxophones, BG Ligatures and Vandoren Reeds.