Ableton Announces Live 6 LE
Ableton is proud to announce the release of Live 6 LE, a new member of the Ableton product line that makes Live's unique, inspiring workflow available to beginning and hobbyist musicians. Live 6 LE is an easy-to-use, professional-grade music-making solution—a first step into the world of computer music that anyone can afford.
Live 6 LE is built on the same fundamental concepts as Live 6, the music production and performance solution that has won numerous awards for its innovative workflow and refreshing simplicity. Offering most of Live's pro features, the LE version gives musicians hassle-free access to tools that will help shape their musical ideas into creative works. Live 6 LE makes music-making fast, easy and enjoyable.
Live 6 LE is built for professional-level recording, songwriting, producing, remixing and DJing. It includes:
- Studio-quality recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Sixty-four audio tracks and unlimited MIDI tracks per project
- More than twenty built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs*
- Two software instruments—Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, and Impulse for dynamic, sampled drums*
- Support for VST and AU effects and instruments*
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files for DJing and instant remixing
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
Live 6 LE has everything you need to start making music, including:
- Sampled instruments: Essential Instruments Collection LE Edition by SONiVOX (boxed version only)
- Loops and construction kits: Unnatural Selection by Puremagnetik (boxed version only)
- A wide selection of presets for Live 6 LE's instruments and effects
- Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
* Live 6 LE is limited to twelve simultaneous built-in audio effects, eight built-in instruments, two AU/VST effects and two AU/VST instruments per project.