The Origin hardware synthesizer
Origin is the first hardware synthesizer from Arturia. It is a modular system of a new generation opening innovative avenues in sound design.
Loaded with modules extracted from the best synthesizers of all time (Moog Modular, ARP 2600, CS-80, Minimoog and Prophet VS) Origin lets you combine these modules and benefit from the additional possibilities put onboard.
The result: a new type of sound accessible through an extremely intuitive interface.
Sound With an Attitude
Origin sounds like nothing else on the planet. It not only implements 'True Analog Emulation', a technology which accurately models analogue synthesizers (letting you layer up to four of these monster synths without using any of your computer’s CPU), it goes a step further...
Origin takes the concept of the analogue modular systems of the past to a new level using cutting edge digital technology. You can combine different models from different systems together, designing new synthesizers that have never before existed. Take the oscillators from the Minimoog, the filters from the CS-80 and the Bode shifter from the Moog Modular V to create your own synth.
How can Arturia manage to do this in a standalone hardware synthesizer? Origin uses two Analog Devices TigerSHARC® DSP processors that actually have more audio power than even the newest multi-core PC processors. Beside that, Arturia Origin is not a simple hardware synthesizer, it is an integrated system offering the best out of the hardware and software worlds: Arturia Origin can be used stand-alone to play live on stage and also as a plug-in with your sequencer in the studio environment.
Arturia Origin offers a unique preset browser: Select your preset by type (Bass, Lead, FX...) or by instrument (Minimoog, Prophet VS, Origin Modular...), by sound deseigner or by project. And the beauty of this is that you can combine multiple criteria, searching for example for a lead sound from one specific instrument.
Arturia Origin comes with an analogue-style 32-step sequencer allowing you to build complex sequence patterns (made of three sub-sequences) and to change the patterns on the fly. It is an intuitive and live-oriented tool.
TigerSHARC® DSP Processors
Analog Devices TigerSHARC® DSP processors provide the highest performance density for multiprocessing applications, with peak performance well above a billion floating-point operations per second. In everyone's language, it just means that Origin provides an incredibly warm and 'phat' sound while offering the polyphony of the most recent machines.
Two Analog Devices TigerSHARC® DSP Processors
(Click image to enlarge...)
- More than 500 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony for a typical patch
- Create your own patch or use an existing audio structure: an Origin patch can be made by connecting independent modules, or by using predefined structures of the minimoog V, the ARP 2600, the CS-80, the Moog Modular etc.
- Superb audio quality thanks to Arturia's TAE® engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported.
- Compatibility with most of the presets from the classic Arturia virtual analogue synthesizers.
- Using dedicated software on your Mac or PC, Origin can be used as an AU or VST plug-in. All the sounds are calculated on the machine while you work on your computer as though you are using a native application.
- Large selection of effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, FX Reverbs, Distortion, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Bitcrusher
- 16/32 step sequencer
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, modulation modes, Advanced Joystick modes
- Analogue: 2 audio inputs, 10 audio outputs
- Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru (or USB 2)
Arturia Origin - Desktop or Rackmounted
(Click image to enlarge...)
Origin is the first hardware synthesizer from Arturia. It is a modular system of a new generation opening innovative avenues in sound design. Loaded with modules extracted from the best synthesizers of all time (Moog Modular, ARP 2600, CS-80, Minimoog and Prophet VS) Origin lets you combine these modules and benefit from the additional possibilities put onboard. …
Availability:Normally 7-10 Days