Combining the Apple iPod and TRAKTOR DJ Studio
TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2 is the perfect complement for Apple\'s iTunes software and the Apple iPod MP3 player, opening new perspectives for music fans, collectors and performers.
The iPod can be used as a mobile, external MP3-hard disk for TRAKTOR DJs, allowing track collections encoded and organized with iTunes to be mixed on TRAKTOR, anywhere, anytime. Connecting various hardware units and software programs is seldom as uncomplicated and intuitive as this.
Combining iTunes and TRAKTOR DJ Studio
iTunes is not only the ideal software for encoding, managing, and burning music tracks, it also makes an outstanding partner for TRAKTOR DJ Studio. TRAKTOR has no problem importing track titles, MP3 tags and all other databse fields created in iTunes™ to its track library, where they are available for immediate mixing.
- Encoding CD\'s to MP3 using iTunes CDDB support. The information contained in the Music Library of iTunes 3 can be directly imported to the Track Collection of TRAKTOR DJ Studio via ID3v2.
- Mixing tracks from the iTunes library with TRAKTOR’s advanced mixing functions, such as automatic beat matching and looping.
- Using iTunes to burn mix CDs from mixes compiled and recorded with TRAKTOR DJ Studio.
- DJing at a party with the personal iTunes Library using TRAKTOR DJ Studio as a virtual DJ setup.
In addition to being a great mobile MP3 player, the Apple iPod can also serve as the ideal mobile firewire hard disk. Just bring to it to a party or club, plug it into a laptop or desktop via firewire, and mix the MP3’s from the TRAKTOR file browser, where the device automatically appears. The track information stored in the ID3 tags is read and correctly displayed by TRAKTOR. Additional information like cue points, BPM or loops are stored in TRAKTOR DJ Studio\'s own specialized database.
- The iPod™ offers TRAKTOR DJs extra (and mobile) storage space in addition to the computer’s own hard disk (5 to 40 GB).
- With the iPod™ a DJ has a chance to listen to the tracks he/she will play at night while traveling, something a vinyl DJ can’t do.
- The iPod is a secure storage medium for protecting your music collection from unwelcome access while in the club or backstage, since thanks to its small size you can keep it with you at all times.
- To DJ\'s the iPod™ offers a simple way to transfer their tracks to a computer on stage without needing a network connection.
- TRAKTOR DJ Studio offers iPod™ users a new dimension of interaction with their music collection, which can be mixed manually or automatically - with fully professional DJ functions.