Dolphin Music Sponsor Liverpool Battle of the Bands Rock Star Wars
In January 2007 Dolphin Music sponsored the Liverpool Battle of the Bands Rock Star Wars. To commemorate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, Liverpool Barfly staged the ultimate battle of the bands event. Following the success of previous battle of the band events held at the venue, this was a gig you wouldn't want to have missed!
And to top it off, the audience played the part of the promoter! Each person voted for their favourite artist to ensure their place in the final. It’s £3 entry with a flyer, £4 without.
The saga ran over 9 feature length episodes and began on the 5th January. Each battle took place on one of the three planets in the Barfly solar system otherwise known as the Bar, the Loft and the Theatre.
Each artist played on the night at their allocated time slot. The audience voted at the end of the evening as to who their favourite was. The artist with the
most votes will be announced on the night, and went on to perform at the final at the end of the month.
The final battle commenced at 7pm on Friday 26th January. The battle took place again on each of the three different planets and ran concurrently throughout the evening.
- Dolphin Music
- Liverpool Barfly Promotions team
- Camden Barfly Promoter
- Liverpool Echo’s music editor
Winners will receive:
- A Dean Dime O Flage for the Rock Battle Winners
- An Ibanez GRG 170 Jewl Blue for the Indie Battle Winners
- An Alveraez RD8SC acoustic guitar for the singer song writer competition
- A gig at Camden Barfly
- Local press coverage from the Echo & Liverpool.com
- Who will be crowned the Jedi Master of the Liverpool music scene?