Sounds On Sound editor Paul White delivers the definitive guide to recording and mixing in the project studio.
"This deserves to become the book of choice for any music production student or aspiring engineer wanting to flesh out their studio knowledge. Stacks of information, top tips, problems and solutions make this book a joy to read." - Music Tech (Rating 10/10)
"I found myself going “oh RIGHT” on multiple occasions while working through this book – there’s a lot in here that I’d simply never investigated or thought to investigate, and it’s improved my production knowledge no end." – DV Magazine
"Everything you need to know is there, easy to understand, and immaculately organized. If you can´t make a decent sounding recording after reading this, the problem is with you, not the book. Highly recommended!" - Waveformless Blog
Featuring 350+ full-colour pages packed with pro techniques, practical photos, detailed illustrations and hands-on walkthroughs, The Producer´s Manual brings together everything you need to take a mix from initial recording to final master, including:
- All you need to get great recordings: from vocals and drums to guitars, bands and acoustic instruments. Choose the right mic, review classic recording techniques, learn how to tame spill and get the most from performers.
- In-depth 101-style guides to dynamics and compression, reverb, pitch correction, studio acoustics, monitoring and more.
- Taking your mix to the next level: explore the techniques and the pitfalls. Essential jargon-free theory backed by practical insights on everything from EQ through mixdown approaches to classic hardware profiles.
- How to master your own material when the budget doesn´t stretch to professional mastering.
- The Producer´s Manual is supplemented by tricks and insights gleaned from over 20 years in the industry and interviews with some of the industry´s biggest producers, including Tony Visconti, Alan Parsons and many more.