Silent Brass for Euphonium
The Silent Brass system lets you play your horn anywhere you want, anytime you want, and with just the kind of ambiance you feel like. You can mix into the sounds of a CD player, other Silent Brass or other instruments with electronic output such as Clavinovas, Silent Pianos, synthesizers or electronic keyboards, and output your playing into a tape deck or even an amp with speakers. Never again will you have to search for a practice room, have to "stop because it’s getting late". The Silent Brass system includes Personal Studio, Pickup mute, earphones, and an adapter. Separate Pickup Mutes are also available.
Silent Brass versus Conventional Mutes|
- Very Quiet - Tests were made by 10 different players using a PM-7 mute with pro model Bb trumpet. Samples were taken by a microphone 1 meter in front of the bell, and were played in high, medium, and low ranges. The charts represent an average from the combined data.
- Accurate Pitch - Probably the most revolutionary, and appealing, quality of the Silent Brass is the even and consistent intonation. This chart shows the intonation differences between an open trumpet, shown as “0”, and various mutes with no adjustments to the tuning slide.
- Pickup mute
- Personal Studio
- Special locking cable
- Belt loop/strap
- Mini-stereo earphones
- 9V Battery
- Soft shoulder bag (PM2 only)
- Carrying case (PM1 only)
The Pickup Mute
Play high or low, loud or soft, and your pitch will remain true and centered. Silent Brass Pickup Mutes are some of the most in-tune mutes ever made. In addition to the Silent Brass sets, the Pickup Mutes are also available separately.
The Personal Studio
The newly improved ST9 Personal Studio is has been reduced to a size and weight approximately 1/4th that of the previous model. It is a tiny amplifier, small enough to fit into a shirt pocket, which offers a choice of ‘clean’ or echo enhanced sound. It lets you hear your own playing at the volume you are accustomed to, to prevent any over-blowing. An Aux In is a direct line-in for playing along with CDs or other recordings. The ST9 Personal Studio may also be purchased separately for players who already own a Pickup Mute.
- Frequency Characteristics:
- INPUT: 120 Hz to 20 kHz,
- AUX IN: 160 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input/Output Levels (0dBm=0.775 Vrms):
- INPUT: -30dBm, AUX IN: -20dBm,
- OUTPUT/PHONES: -10dBm
- Jacks and Terminals: INPUT, AUX IN, OUTPUT/PHONES (all mini jack type)
- Volume, Input Lo/Hi,
- Power OFF/ON/ECHO
- Power Supply: 6F22/6LR61 9-Volt battery (Operation with Manganese batteries last about 12 hours.)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 75 x 70 x 25 mm (2-15/16” x 2-3/4” x 1”)
- Weight: 65g (2.3oz) without batteries